Come on Cliff... ;)

Now my wife will never get her 10 carat diamond before next year.
(Ohh, I forgot, I have my Axe).

Powered by EL34 tubes. As opposed to the more common 6L6s (at least, I think that's the case...).

I see a huge red flag on that listing,

"Payment by Wire Transfer Only "

Isn't that against the ebay rules in the restricted category because you are not protected?

I'd love to hear one impressive Dumble clip at some point of my life. :lol

Really Mikko? Ever listen to Robben Ford, Larry carlton, Michael Landau - just to name possibly the 3 most famous? And forget about SRV and Cooder and Bonamassa. None of those guys really know tone anyway! /Sarcasm

I'm not saying that paying through the nose is or ain't stupid. Some people make that kind of money in an hour or a day. They can have it. I'm pretty happy with the models in the Axe FX.

And HAD is a lousy PR. BUT, he has designed one of the most sought after amps on earth. People can diss all they want, but I've yet to see one of the backseat jabbers make an amp, much less sell one for over 50K.

Right. I get what Mikko is saying. That particular tone is not for everyone. It took me a while to figure the whole Dumble thing out. Now, there are plenty of D-type tones I can get on the Axe FX that I like. In particular, the Carol Ann OD2. In general, it's a focused sound with less crunch and top end than a Marshall, but with lots of harmonic content and sustain.

And yeah, I'd avoid that listing like the plague. The wire transfer part isn't the only thing that seems a little off (in fact, unless ebay has changed their rules, that listing should be reported and removed). Also, most Dumble listings typically have some explanation of the history of the amp. Oh, and not to mention the price...

And no, I'll never feel the need to try one person.

Back
Top Bottom