Combining my own UR .syx files?

Discussion in 'Cab-Lab Products' started by greiswig, Jan 3, 2017.

1. greiswig

greiswig
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

So a quick search here has me worried. I created a pair of my own cab mixes, and have been using those as stereo UltraRes blocks on a few favorite presets. But the latest Quantum releases are pushing my CPU usage into territories that FAS says I shouldn't be pushing, even though I can't hear artifacts.

So in an effort to reduce CPU, I thought I would combine those cabs into one. But I can't do that in CL3, because "UltraRes .syx is not supported." My search showed that other people have wanted to do this kind of thing, too, but I didn't see anyone with a good, easy solution.

So is there really no way to combine two UR .syx files into one??

2. GiRa

GiRa
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Hi,
    You can use this preset. It's a tonematch of two cabs that you can export in ultrares.

Attach your preferred modifier to the LFO1 run parameter to start the sine sweep for the tonematch.

I used this to mix IRs in the box before all the plugins and stuff emerged.

Attached Files:

Azael likes this.
  3. greiswig

greiswig
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

GiRa,

Many thanks! I'm going to have to try to figure out how to do this, but I appreciate this!

4. GiRa

GiRa
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

You have just to "RUN" the LFO1 and the synth will start running, after that you have to run a tone match for some seconds ("capture both") and then export the tone match.

This way you can mix up to 4 cabs. Please remember that the tone match is mono, so no stereo panning.

5. Brian Dixon

Brian Dixon
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I have an ax8 and I am running into this same issue. specifically what I am wanting to do is use the larry Mitchell ac-20 cab I downloaded from the fractal site and put an ir of an eq after so I can save cpu use by removing the peq block. I believe you have answered my question that there is no way to combine the syx files using cab lab. anyone know if there is a syx to wav converter? I'm assuming not as I'm sure the reason they do this is to keep people from sharing the files with other modelers. seems to me the best solution for combining is to stick with third party ir's since we also do not have the tone match feature. plus the extra time it would consume to run test signals through our ax8's would be tedious if we had many ir's we needed to make.

6. Chronos

Chronos
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Can't promise perfect 1:1 recreation, but you could run an impulse capture through a patch that only had the cab block with your mix active, and then use an application like Voxengo deconvolver which is free to use. Have your DAW setup with the fractal device set as output, and a separate audio interface set for input. On fractal side set the input signal to USB, and play a sweep created from the deconvolver program, which will then pass through the cab block. Send the cable from output 1 with that signal straight to your interface. Have an off branch that doesn't pass through the cab block, but rather goes straight to an FX Loop block, so you can take that signal from output 2 into your interface.

Essentially you would have then recorded a "mic" signal, as well as a sweep that will be aligned properly for deconvolution, and should help remove coloration from the dsp conversions such as how is done with "mic + DI." Export the two files to be processed in Voxengo, and you'll have your mixed impulse in .wav format. It might be a little over the top if you haven't done this before, but it would only take a few seconds if you're familiar with the process of impulse capturing at all

jesussaddle likes this.
  7. jesussaddle

jesussaddle
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Wow. That Voxengo! Great company!