colourcoding jacks...?

rudomat

Inspired
hi!
question: how do you guys colourcode your jacks...? i´m using a fractal audio ax8 and have my neutrik plugs colour-coded...i´m wondering what´s the best way to code the jacks on the unit...

i´m afraid, rubber tape could come off due to heat and leave glue...

actually i find it really strange, neutrik (and nobody else) is offering colored hexagonal plastic nuts fitting to the colored plug boots or rings...neutrik is only offering some in black and red...that´s not enough...;-)

any hints...? maybe pics of your boards....?
thanks!

When I need colour coding I use electrical insulating tape, either a ring around the plug, or a square next to the socket. It's cheap and widely available. Wind the tape around the plug so that it sticks to itself and it's unlikely to come off. If the square comes off, which it never has for me, then put a new piece on.

...not the cheapest way...if you need 7 different colours...;-)...but thanks a lot!...i´ll think about it...!

When I need colour coding I use electrical insulating tape, either a ring around the plug, or a square next to the socket. It's cheap and widely available. Wind the tape around the plug so that it sticks to itself and it's unlikely to come off. If the square comes off, which it never has for me, then put a new piece on.

This stuff works fantastic and lasts forever. Color code damn near everything for the band. Racks, ears, covers, mixer, mics, body packs, stands, every jacks, antennas, snakes, you name it!
http://www.electricalsupplyunlimited.com/item/1139404/

colored paint markers work great. every one should have a few colors laying around. of coarse I do not worry about saving my stuff for the next owner though. I also mark all my cables and gear with pink duct tape, I don't think I have lost a cable since(who would want cables with girly pink tape on them)!

I started using tiny cable ties. One at each end or two at each end etc. I thought it was a great idea. Funny thing was at the very next gig when I started packing up all the cables and sorting mine from the other guys, two of us had come up with *and* implemented the same strategy. The other guy decided to add some tape to his too now!! :eek:

Little strip of colored electrical tape, have like 10 colors. Side note I always put some on every cable I own (blue), so there is no dispute with sound guys or exiting band members of what cable is theirs. I do it on my mic stands too.

hi!
question: how do you guys colourcode your jacks...? i´m using a fractal audio ax8 and have my neutrik plugs colour-coded...i´m wondering what´s the best way to code the jacks on the unit...

i´m afraid, rubber tape could come off due to heat and leave glue...

actually i find it really strange, neutrik (and nobody else) is offering colored hexagonal plastic nuts fitting to the colored plug boots or rings...neutrik is only offering some in black and red...that´s not enough...;-)

any hints...? maybe pics of your boards....?
thanks!
Check these out:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x-CLIFF-U...tic-Nuts-7-Colours-for-Marshall-/321906650877

Back
Top Bottom