Wish Colorblind Options

dejoblue

Inspired
I wish for colorblind options; the ability to define your own colors.

I am green blind, Deuteranope. The colors in the FM3 edit are ridiculous in terms of accessibility.
I can see three of the provided colors; these all appear blue and orange to me. I can also see red.
6% of males are colorblind.
Thank you for your consideration.
Cheers!

Fractal Colorblind Request.jpeg

Kind of off the subject but could you please give me a quick reminder of how to give my presets color?
On the other subject maybe it would be cool to have the ability to group your presets by "musical color". What I mean is, The Austin Buddy Live Gold I bought uses (and I presume I can write over it) one of the preset numbers to say for example "Marshall Amps". BUT, it takes up a preset...if it didn't though......

Kind of off the subject but could you please give me a quick reminder of how to give my presets color?
On the other subject maybe it would be cool to have the ability to group your presets by "musical color". What I mean is, The Austin Buddy Live Gold I bought uses (and I presume I can write over it) one of the preset numbers to say for example "Marshall Amps". BUT, it takes up a preset...if it didn't though......
Right click the preset and select the color. To select several presets at once click the "M" button in the top middle of the list and hold down shift and or control and select all the presets you want to color, then right click any of them and choose the color :)

I wish for colorblind options; the ability to define your own colors.

I am green blind, Deuteranope. The colors in the FM3 edit are ridiculous in terms of accessibility.
I can see three of the provided colors; these all appear blue and orange to me. I can also see red.
6% of males are colorblind.
Thank you for your consideration.
Cheers!

View attachment 76824
Almost all of them actually are are blue or orange...

Even though I don't use the colors at all, it would be cool to allow for using a custom color "picker" for this case as well as others.

+1

Almost all of them actually are are blue or orange...

Even though I don't use the colors at all, it would be cool to allow for using a custom color "picker" for this case as well as others.

+1

Thanks for the support :)

Yeah, that was intentional to showcase that what should be trivial for non-colorblind people, locating the purple, green, and yellow ones, is difficult for color deficient peeps. This is particularly true with these colors because they are all the same shade so there is no available context like light/dark shading/tinting to cue the viewer. Using GIMP you can see, for example, that orange and green are literally the same RGB ratios: Orange: 240,210,140 vs Green: 210, 240, 140 it is pretty and I definitely understand why it was chosen, but it is less accessible.

Another solution could be placing a letter for each color in the upper or lower right corner of the preset/cabinet/amp pickers.
Here is a mock-up showing examples:

Fractal Colorblind Request.jpg

Maybe a more suitable solution for all is to have more sorting options of a different kind; maybe similar to the above but a dropdown to sort by assignable letter sets A-G.

Cheers!

I'm not colorblind but the pastel shades with the current shade of grey numbers isn't the greatest for my vision either.

For any GUI the following should be considered for the colorblind and benefits everyone else as well. (from a web design guide)
  • Don't use the following combinations of colors together. Green & Black, Green & Grey, Blue & Grey, Light Green & Yellow, Green & Blue, Blue & Purple, Green & Brown, and Green & Red.
  • Use of monochrome.
  • Higher contrast.
  • Use of symbols.

I'm not colorblind but the pastel shades with the current shade of grey numbers isn't the greatest for my vision either.

For any GUI the following should be considered for the colorblind and benefits everyone else as well. (from a web design guide)
  • Don't use the following combinations of colors together. Green & Black, Green & Grey, Blue & Grey, Light Green & Yellow, Green & Blue, Blue & Purple, Green & Brown, and Green & Red.
  • Use of monochrome.
  • Higher contrast.
  • Use of symbols.
There are formulas used to calculate contrast based on RGB color values. WebAIM has a nice online contrast checker that tells you if your color combo passes ADA/508 standards for small and large text at the AA and AAA levels.

Back
Top Bottom