AFIII Collective Soul - Heavy

This sounds awesome! How did you make the stuttering echo effect at the beginning? Also what amp model were you using?

This sounds awesome! How did you make the stuttering echo effect at the beginning? Also what amp model were you using?

Thanks!

I attached the patches I use for the song. The "Collective Heavy" patch is for the intro, "More" for the rhythm, and "Lead" for the solo. The stuttering effect is a Volume block near the end of the chain with a Sequencer attached as a modifier. I also have an Envelope Filter attached to the Sequencer so that it starts over whenever you hit the string. The amp I use for rhythm is the Brit Brown, and for the Lead it's the Plexi 50 High 2. I'm using a stock ML TV 57 Cab IR.

Attachments

• RS-1 Lead.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 43
  • RS-2 More.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Collective Heavy.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 53
Sounds awesome! What kind of FX units do you run on the singers voice?

Thanks! Good question. We use a Behringer X32 Rack mixer live, and run the effects off of that. But... this was recorded as a multi-track off of the X32 using the Cymatic Audio uTrack24 card direct to a hard drive. It records all the tracks pre-effects. So I had to add the delay back onto the vocals in Logic. It's the same delay setting we would use live, but I used the Soundtoys EchoBoy plugin instead, which I just love. I can't pass up a chance to use it.

The cool thing with the Axe Fx though is that I run stereo, and all the effects are in my patches. So I didn't have to do squat to the guitar after it was recorded. Just pan it left and right and turn it up, weee! Gotta love it! Mixing these live shows is so easy since we're just a 3 piece band. I tweak the kick, brighten the vocals, add delay, set levels, done.

Thanks!

I attached the patches I use for the song. The "Collective Heavy" patch is for the intro, "More" for the rhythm, and "Lead" for the solo. The stuttering effect is a Volume block near the end of the chain with a Sequencer attached as a modifier. I also have an Envelope Filter attached to the Sequencer so that it starts over whenever you hit the string. The amp I use for rhythm is the Brit Brown, and for the Lead it's the Plexi 50 High 2. I'm using a stock ML TV 57 Cab IR.
Thank you for this gift! Brilliant work.

Back
Top Bottom