Collecting guitars for fun. Thoughts?

I’ve always wanted one of the JS series but I just don‘t get along with the necks. Prefer flat fretboards and thinner neck profiles.

I enjoy collecting guitars. I don’t buy vintage stuff, but rather guitars I like. I think it’s fun. I’m not putting myself if debt, and I don’t buy anything unless I have the money for it

However, I’m not a professional musician. I never play anything bigger than a bar gig.

Sometimes I wonder what if it’s ridiculous that I keep buying guitars. I view each one as a unique piece of interactive art, but I’m not getting any financial return on investment. My wife certainly doesn’t approve of my guitar purchases!

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on this. Is what I’m doing downright silly? Or is it ok as long as I’m not accruing debt? After all, I’ll only live once.
I don't have near enough talent or time for the guitars that I own (or my Axe). I play out of my basement just for fun. But hey, I love having them so what's the difference? They make me happy and that's all I care about.

Back
Top Bottom