Collaborating With Other Artists - Multiple Axe-FX 3 Routing Scenarios For Different DAW Project Settings

Warrior

Power User
I typically work/record at 48kHz so I can route my Axe-FX III to my DAW via USB.
I've recently started collaborating with other artists (producers, songwriters, etc) and many of them are sending me Logic Pro X projects.

It's not practical to ask everyone to send projects with a 48kHz sample rate and, although I can convert them to 48kHz, that is not always practical.

I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same situation at times and how do you manage your Axe-FX input routing?

I'm assuming your using XLR's to interface for the 44.1 sessions and possibly USB or SPDIF for 48kHz sessions?

Also, since I don't typically route my Axe-FX to my interface via XLR, I was wondering if there is a preferred way to set your levels?
For example, I have my Output 1 L & R going to my interface XLR inputs 1-2.
My interface preamps are set to 0.
When I turn Out 1 on my Axe-FX up to 100%, I seem to be getting a perfect level going into Logic.

Is that typical or do you usually need to control the level with the Out 1 knob? (or via amp block level?)

Any advice you can offer is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom