colds, flu, and ear canal debris...

BillyZeppa

Power User
I mentioned last year that i had a 'zing' in my ear when hearing pure mid-range tones, after dropping a dish the kitchen. I was concerned at the time that it may be a hole in the eardrum. So luckily, 15 months later the 'zing' in my ear from that audio 'spike' has pretty much gone.

But now i have a new issue -when i yawn the ear pops and i feel a pressure re-balancing, like when you have a cold and it blocks the eustachian tubes. The thing is i haven't had a cold or flu recently. Should i have my ears checked or will this go away on its own? Anyone know? Maybe lqdsnddist ? :)

Any recent issues with allergies, sinus pain/pressure, et al.?

Sounds like you might have some Eustachian tube dysfunction which is resulting in a bit of a negative pressure building up in your middle ear, then the yawning/jaw movement, tends to stretch the Eustachian tube, which gets it to “open up” and allow the pressure to balance out.

Often times it’s not the tube itself which is the issue, but, instead can be things like some sinus swelling, which then puts some pressure on the tube, allowing it to not function as well, resulting in some pressure buildup which is then relieved by the jaw movement.

Back
Top Bottom