Cold weather issue

Museicmn69

Hi, wanted to post as a 'heads up', and wondering if others had come across this. I have an FC-12 and was playing a outside gig on the 30th last Friday in Apple Valley Ca. The weather got down to around 55 degrees. On my FC-12 I clicked the button for the 'lead' section, and did my lead though half way through thought it didn't sound correct. Looked down at the pedal and saw it was still on 'Verse'. "Damn, I didn't hit the pedal correctly" I thought. Then went to change to the next preset and noticed the FC-12 was just not responding at all. So I unplug the XLR and re-plug to reboot, and it's ok for a couple songs, then bam, unresponsive again. All night I had to reboot it, it would last a few songs, then re-boot again. Happily it reboots quick :) The next night, at a inside streaming gig in San Diego, zero issues. It's rare I play super cold gigs, the mountain gig the weekend before only hit the 60s, no problems. Anyone else experience this? Also, wondering if a small heating blanket underneath would help? Haha.

Check the XLR cable. Keep in mind that the XLR cable is transmitting both data and power, so the connection is much more sensitive than just transmitting audio. A intermittent break in XLR connection between the FC and the Axe could certainly produce the issue you're experiencing.

Back
Top Bottom