Cold/Hot

Sruli

Inspired
So I am used to leaving my pedalboard in my car while I am at work. I live on the east cost and sometimes the weather is really cold or really hot in the summer. Do you guys know whether this will be an issue for the ax8?

Environmental specs give a storage temp range of -22 to 167deg Fahrenheit. You probably won't hit the high limit unless you live in Yuma or Havasu (+110 ambient summer temps). I don't know how cold cars get in freezing or below freezing whether, someone not from the desert should chime in.

I hope you're not leaving guitars in the car though...

Environmental specs give a storage temp range of -22 to 167deg Fahrenheit. You probably won't hit the high limit unless you live in Yuma or Havasu (+110 ambient summer temps). I don't know how cold cars get in freezing or below freezing whether, someone not from the desert should chime in.

I hope you're not leaving guitars in the car though...

I bring my guitar in to my office and I have been bringing the Ax8 in since I got it as well which a royal pain in the ass. Sounds like I should be OK. Where did you get that info from?

From the Google, where everything is true, right? I should mention that pet-centric sites claim much higher numbers on hot days, like 160 when it's 90 out. So maybe treat your AX8 like your dog, or stick a thermometer in there one day to be sure.

Since it's winter, just remember bringing items indoors from extreme cold may result in condensation. Keeping it in a case where it can gradually adjust to the change in environment will avoid that.

Cheers

I bring my guitar in to my office and I have been bringing the Ax8 in since I got it as well which a royal pain in the ass. Sounds like I should be OK. Where did you get that info from?

It just occurred to me that you were probably asking where I got the environmental specs from. Those came from page 93 of the AX8 manual.

Remember that the temperature inside a car parked in the sun can be way hotter than the ambient temperature outside the car.

Remember that the temperature inside a car parked in the sun can be way hotter than the ambient temperature outside the car.

For sure. Especially in the trunk. Well at least I don't have to worry about that until May or June. For now it sounds like I'm good to leave it in the car.

Is there anyone that could answer this question with any certainty? The Ax8 was just released, and unless someone took it to a gig in Siberia, you are just guessing.

Back
Top Bottom