Cobbler! Where's my NAMM video reports and shout outs!!!

GuitarDojo

Cobb!
Right now I am getting more info from the overnight Anahiem Convention Center custodial staff!......... and my sweetwater rep .:razz
POST!@

Hahahaahahaha. I only went for a couple hours last night to check it out and get a lay of the land. Leaving in a few with video and still cam in hand.

I did talk to the Sennheiser guys and the RS220 wirelesss headsets are due here in March. Several of them confirmed that they are indeed on par or equal to the HD 600/650 wired sets.

I learned a few tips and trips with Sonar X1... no biggie.

I got some info on compatable firewire PCIe cards for forum member swass from the folks at RME.

And I visited the Taylor room (they did after all get me in) and listened to the Wayne Johnson Trro do a few songs. He played a new 910 nylon string as part of his set. Taylor now has a nylon string for all acoustic models ie 300, 400, 500, .... 900 series. They also had a cool looking Ukuele. I'll get a pic of that today.

So today I am going to concentrate on guitars.

One thing I did notice was there were A LOT of people and I can only imagine its going to get a lot worse over the weekend. Lots of hair and chuck taylors are the most popular sneakers in the music industry! :)

I did not get to the Line6 room. I'll check it out today.

On another awesome note... When I got home last night there was a sticker on the door. My new kick tags from pedalboards are awaiting me at the local post office! Sweeet! Thanks Sukh... I'll get some pics of those tonight.

I did not get to the Line6 room. I'll check it out today.

On another awesome note... When I got home last night there was a sticker on the door. My new kick tags from pedalboards are awaiting me at the local post office! Sweeet! Thanks Sukh... I'll get some pics of those tonight.

My pleasure brother - wish I was able to visit Namm too - one day man!

Spent the day there yesterday (Friday), my feet are tired. Hit every level, every hall.

- Amps: Sorry, don't really bother with amps anymore, got all I need in the Axe.:) The guy I was with kept pointing out amp brands and asking me "What about those?". About the only one that wasn't in my AFXII was a Krank.

- FRFR: By far the coolest was that Jet City was showing a full range 2-way (12" & tweet/horn) active stereo setup -- in a 4x12 cab config. Already typed details in a thread in Amp & Cabs, check it out if you want details.

- Line6 PA stuff: Mixer is cool, the integration between the speakers, and with the mixer seemed cool. The touch screen was all pictures, which seems a bit wierd, especially when it comes to EQ and a lot of other functions. They were all 4-corners-with-labels-and-a-dot, e.g., your EQ screen had labels like bright/dark/etc., and you just sort of randomly pushed the dot towards the sound you want. Huge drawback for the speakers, IMHO, is that when placed horizontally as a stage monitor the entire mixer section (volume, effects, eq, etc.) is facing the audience. Yeah, and I'm *SURE* none of them will ever be tempted to start twiddling with them.:O

- Guitars: Geez, about six hundred big name, custom and discount/low end makers. Lots and lots of gorgeous looking instruments. Hit NAMM on Sunday and a lot of them sell off their stock...

- Music: Loads of talent around. Also loads of aimless shredding to try and sell high gain stuff. And lots of very sincere chick singers (not that there's anything wrong with that!) in acoustic guitar maker booths.

- Sheer Awesomeness. Downstairs in the 'esoteric' (i.e., lower rent, small vendor) section, came across the Emotiva Pro monitor booth (evidently, they make monitors with ribbon tweeters like the Adams.) Heavy-set guitarist and a bass player sitting there. He starts to play and "Holy crap! It's Johnny Hiland!!!!" Two feet away from his fingers and he's telling everyone to get closer. Man, what an amazing guitarist. And such economy of motion -- notes flying out and you can hardly see his fingers moving (darn, no quick lesson there!).

Finally, the IMPORTANT stuff: Booth babes. Yeah, lots of them. Slinky, underdressed, sultry looking, high-heels and stocking booth babes. Which booths? Who knows? Who cares?

Any other questions?

TT

Forgot to mention, the one other thing that surprised me the most was that 75% of the boots seem to be showing iPad apps. For example, Mackie had a mixer that was basically an iPad dock with all the usual gozouta and gozintas of a small mixer. All controls were in the app, though. Controller keyboards that just had a iPad connection with all the brains in the app.

Pretty cool. I didn't see what *I* need, though -- an app to easily call up lyrics (i.e., a lyric database without an Internet connection) to help kick-start my poor little grey cells when singing.

Edit: Ummmm.... make that 75% of the "BOOTHS". Still thinking about the babes, I guess...

TT

Last edited:
Finally, the IMPORTANT stuff: Booth babes. Yeah, lots of them. Slinky, underdressed, sultry looking, high-heels and stocking booth babes. Which booths? Who knows? Who cares?
Yea, especially the ones slapping everyone with stickers w/ the hot pink lips on them ... which manufacturer? I don't remember... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom