Cmon people, where the waitlist order thread lol

The last one I bought was an XL, so I am due for an upgrade. 6:43 pm EST. I'll see it in probably June, about a month after I could use it.

o_O I was thinking the same thing, except that it was 2011 again, when the II first came out...and the infamous countdown.

So true. And the predictions were WILDLY off base (due to either shipping issues, production glitches, or other supply malady's,) but it sure gave folks something to do. It gave us mods fits because everyone felt the need to post a 'I got the email!' thread.

It's all fun, and so deja...

Hello!
I'm one of these guys that just bought an XL+ last week...:mad:
I need your advice.
I bought it at g66 (Europe reseller), I have 30 days to send it back and get a refund.
What would you do?
Would you keep the XL+ and maybe upgrade later to the Axe FX III or would you send it back and wait?
I'm not a professional musician so I can wait a few months and use my old gear in the meantime.
Thank you.

G'day Eric,

That's a hard one - It all depends how long it'll take to get supply.
In a few months, you could acquaint yourself with the fractal way of doing things, the units layout etc, and when the AXE FX III is readily available, sell your XL+ for a small loss, and put the money towards the III. It'll be a plug and play swap in most respects.
...or....
You may have a hard time selling your XL+ later, as the III gets closer.....and you curse keeping it because you have to drop the price below all the other guys selling their XL+....

So... Decide now - Keep it and take a small to medium loss when it's time to get a III, or wait...... and wait.... and wait a little longer.. until ALL the individuals on the waiting list have been served, and the international distributors.. then get yours.

In my case... I'd stick with the XL+ - But let me be clear that I value a few months of fun more than most people :) (so I'm told - my reply was 'this is fun')

So what's it gonna be? Would be interested in others opinions.
Thanks
Pauly

Hello!
I need your advice.
I bought it at g66 (Europe reseller), I have 30 days to send it back and get a refund.
What would you do?
Would you keep the XL+ and maybe upgrade later to the Axe FX III or would you send it back and wait?
I'm not a professional musician so I can wait a few months and use my old gear in the meantime.
Thank you.

Hello!
I need your advice.
What would you do?
Thank you.

First things first, have you applied for a spot in the waitlist? Because if you haven’t by now, it can take months for you to get hold of it. This isn’t a certainty of course - I have no clue how many units will come in the first production run(s) or how many people applied, but it’s a possibility based on what happened with previous launches.

Then the question is - do you even need the III? Because for now, and for some time to come at least, it’ll sound just the same. And while all the extra power is nice to have at hand, do you really NEED it? I mean, a lot of people use AX8 and seem quite happy with it, after all.

I wouldn’t worry too much about not being able to sell it. People are still selling Ultras at ridiculous prices.

So, I guess, you can lose a couple hundred bucks but have the device for the coming months, and maybe even decide that you want to keep it after all.

Back
Top Bottom