CLRs... well that was quick!

pima1234

Fractal Fanatic
For anyone wondering about the CLR waitlist, it's pretty short.

I just got on a couple weeks (I think... we have two little ones, so time flies), but I got the invite tonight.

Ordered a pair of active wedges. Looking forward to trying them out.

They will be compared to a pair of Adam P11A studio monitors and my Xitone passive 2x12 wedges and Carvin DCM 1540L.

Looking forward to it.

Congrats - exciting times ahead for you.
Even though you are already used to listening to your Axe though good monitoring, I think the CLR's are gonna knock you off your feet with how great they sound.
Have fun and let us know how you like the CLR's when you get them

Got my invite yesterday too, and I just put my name on the list last weekend!

I was expecting to have to wait at least a few weeks. Trying to figure out if I can swing it immediately or not.

I'm glad to still have my current FRFR available for comparison. But I'm pretty sure I know what the outcome will be...

They should arrive Friday.

Quick indeed...cool. I've had mine for a few days now and find them superb in every way; they are fantastic speakers and they definitely are doing it for me. Have fun when you get them...

Tom is genuinely engaged and wants to make sure that new owners get a good start with the CLR. He and I exchanged emails and even talked through some questions I had over the phone. Using the CLRs predominantly for bass guitar amplification, I had some specific things going on, and Tom made himself available from the onset.

if you're interested, see my latest gig review using 2 CLRs for bass on this thread:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/amps-cabs/76514-clr-bass.html

What is truly remarkable about these wedges is the clear coverage area. You'd expect them to sound loud and clear when you're in the direct line of fire of the wedges, but when stepping away, off axis (as much as 6 feet +), the tonal coverage is still very even and present. Normally, with a typical PA wedge monitor, the off axis coverage is terribly uneven, as the speakers are probably designed to stay "narrow" in their coverage (being monitor wedges), so they are very "hot" right at the speaker, but lose midrange/high end definition as you step out of the primary focus area. The CLR is quite unique in this respect, in my experience. It's a really nice feature of the cabinets, in addition to their very flat response.

That's strange . I was put on the CLR Series Reserve List on 08-17-13. Never received an invite for a purchase :-(

That's strange . I was put on the CLR Series Reserve List on 08-17-13. Never received an invite for a purchase :-(
I was put on in early September got nada, and mentioned something about it here in another thread and Tom saw it and emailed me.
He mistakenly passed by my name.
He sent me an Invite on Saturday and I got mine last night :)
Pm him or email him directly, he'll get you sorted out.

You what's really interesting? They will be here Friday. But... the EPROM that I ordered last Thursday (!!!) was supposed to get today, and didn't.

The lax service makes for an unhappy Fractal customer. I paid for Priority shipping too. It's a $1 product.

You what's really interesting? They will be here Friday. But... the EPROM that I ordered last Thursday (!!!) was supposed to get today, and didn't.

The lax service makes for an unhappy Fractal customer. I paid for Priority shipping too. It's a $1 product.

yes me :lol:lol:lol

Congrats! If they have not shipped and you can afford the premium get the NEOs. You will not be sorry and you will be inclined to take them with you to gigs (20 LBS. lighter then a pair of regular CLRs).

Congrats! If they have not shipped and you can afford the premium get the NEOs. You will not be sorry and you will be inclined to take them with you to gigs (20 LBS. lighter then a pair of regular CLRs).

They are going to sit in my home studio 98% of the time. Just can't justify the extra cost, even though I'm sure my back would have appreciated it!

Also just got the notification on Monday (signed up Nov. 6). I'd been monitoring via my Dynaudio BM5a's, and wanted something that felt a bit more substantial while retaining the character of the different amps. After hemming and hawing between it and a Matrix NL212 setup, I decided to stick with what I'm familiar with (FRFR) and what will hopefully translate well for patches made for recording purposes. Ordered a (non-Neo) wedge this morning, and it's already shipped out. :)

Back
Top Bottom