CLR non NEO magnt split in half/ replacement?

Dramelot

Power User
one of my clr's fell 2 feet to concrete
it didnt bother me ive seen equip roll down hills smash into houses and still work (long story)
sound check it was barking..
opened up to find magnet split in half (over year old anyway)
i could glue but geeze unreliable
so i got 4 evm12l thinking about slapping one in to see

Whet model of Emmince are in these?
I dont give a crap about NEO for the price they want
they arent not that heavy for me

any body got a clue what models are in clr regular
they say just emminence made in china lol

im sure its a standard speaker but would like to match
one was always louder at same settings anyway

thanks

Update
Contacted Tom King
Sent him pics
Even though it wasnt under warranty, He is sending me a new one at no charge w mine returned
That is awesome service in under 1 hour

Last edited:
as the printing on the speaker tells it is an Eminence speaker made in Dongguan China, but it seems to be a special one with an extremely small and tight dustcap that was exclusively produced for Atomic. This is necessary because there is only a relatively small space left between the dustcap of the woofer and the rear of the high frequency driver in front of it. If you put in a speaker with a normally/ higher sized dustcap (as the EV 12L is...) you most likely would damage this speaker. At least you would drastically cut down it's forward moving capabilities. So if you want to use a non original replacement, measure the distance between the gasket and the dustcap of your original speaker and compare it to your replacement before putting it in. I found no standard speaker that would fit in so far.
Besides that I guess that an EV 12L is not as linear as the original.

Also will be a different DSP for the Neo's so swap for a different speaker probabaly won't work so good!

Back
Top Bottom