CLR Mk II -got yours yet?

Cragginshred - You'll like them. Compared to my RCF full range Art 200a speakers, around 120-200hz isn't as pronounced, and they sound a lot better at lower volumes. You might notice the same. It takes some getting used to.

I've done three gigs so far on my MK2s, and what makes CLRs so great - being smooth & clear at lower volumes - is also what makes them more temperamental at gig volumes with high frequencies. This might not be as noticeable for guitar-only use, but I've noticed it from around 4kz and up when using CLRs as a gig PA system and crossing them over at 80hz with a sub.

For example, at two lower volume gigs, they were smooth and clear. I hardly touched master EQ. But dialing them at gig volume in a friend's 30x30 workshop and a couple days later at a louder gig/venue, I was pulling the 4k to 10k region more than a little bit, and they sounded a tad boxy at around 700hz. That's first impressions and maybe just the spaces I was in, but once I compensated, they sounded nice as a full range PA system with a sub underneath them.

I'm looking forward to more gigs with them. Unfortunately my two gigs before Xmas are at Denver International Airport in the central terminal, and I'm going into cheap gear that a production company is invoicing the client for so I can't use the CLRs - but I want to!
Maybe I'll use one CLR as a floor monitor instead of my little FBT.

Last edited:
Solo -act. I'm using two like you (on top of KW 181's). We try and run 90 db...what are you calling loud gigs?

Mine arrived at the UPs store yesterday and was sitting there as I dropped off another item to be shipped last night. This morning I tracked it find out it had been delivered ............argh.
Oh well I will grab it at lunch

Well, the replacement CLR arrived yesterday. I didn't have time to play with it until tonight. Put about 45 minutes on it with no problems so far. I will put some more time on it tomorrow and if all goes well, use it for a video shoot on Thursday morning.

Back
Top Bottom