CLR in a rack

woodnwire85

Inspired
I was messing around with rearranging some things in the studio last night and just accidentally set my active CLR wedge in front of my empty 16U studio rack and a lightbulb came on! The CLR fits in the width of a 19" rack! Not that I would need to rack the CLR for any reason but thought it was pretty interesting that it fit just perfect, with only about 1/4" clearance on either side of the rack rails. Height-wise it takes up 11U. Designed this way on purpose for future products or coincidence? Either way I've got it sitting in there now for space saving purposes.
gydy3u6e.jpg

That's what I was thinking! It would work great having 5U left at the top to rack the Axe Fx, a power conditioner, wireless, drawer, etc! Even better would be to get something like this: OSP 16 Space 16U 19" Shock Mount Amp Rack Case w/Casters.

..and then find a way to keep the CLR from moving around without drilling into the cabinet for rack wings. Foam on the each side, a 1U shelf on in the 12 position up top with some foam between the top of the CLR and the shelf and you would be set!

ummmm...

That's what I was thinking! It would work great having 5U left at the top to rack the Axe Fx, a power conditioner, wireless, drawer, etc! Even better would be to get something like this: OSP 16 Space 16U 19" Shock Mount Amp Rack Case w/Casters.

..and then find a way to keep the CLR from moving around without drilling into the cabinet for rack wings. Foam on the each side, a 1U shelf on in the 12 position up top with some foam between the top of the CLR and the shelf and you would be set!

ummmm...

The whole prospect looked pretty cool until I saw "shipping weight 118 lbs." Take 20 off for the box and you're still left with a ridiculous amount of extra weight. I'd love to be "roll and play," but I don't even know if my Prius would fit a rack that size.

You are going to get some additional edge diffraction from that enclosure...I wouldn't do it.

You are going to get some additional edge diffraction from that enclosure...I wouldn't do it.

With it pulled all the way to the front of the rack? Maybe a little, but with the amount of SPLs coming out of that thing, I doubt it would be a clear audible difference. Besides, I probably wouldn't do this (rack my CLR), it was just an interesting coincidence that it fit perfect.

The whole prospect looked pretty cool until I saw "shipping weight 118 lbs." Take 20 off for the box and you're still left with a ridiculous amount of extra weight. I'd love to be "roll and play," but I don't even know if my Prius would fit a rack that size.

Going with a 3/4" wood shock rack case that's 16U is already a bad idea if you're traveling lightly. I wouldn't do it, but would be an interesting rig to show up with!

Remember, people are still gigging with these! http://www.deyapa.us/adpics/250_3021527280_4fac1d2b68a29.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom