CLR crossover frequency?

Tom Morris

Power User
Anyone know what the crossover frequency between the 12" low driver and horn driver is on the Atomic CLR? I haven't been able to find any information on the internet.

Thanks in advance. Tom

Just seems very different from other speakers I own. That I can't see any info on it on the web. This is for a non neo model.

I could be wrong but I do remember it being mentioning it was a little higher up than a typical two way design, 2.5k if I recall but it's been a few years so don't hold me to it :rolleyes:.

I could be mistaken, but I read somewhere here on the forum - the frequency of the CLR section, 1.7K. I remember I was surprised that the frequency of the crossover is so low.

I could be mistaken, but I read somewhere here on the forum - the frequency of the CLR section, 1.7K. I remember I was surprised that the frequency of the crossover is so low.
That seems more like what I'm hearing out of the non neo one that I just bought. And it seems like quite a bit of volume to that horn. Not saying this is a horrible thing just sounds way different than the other FRFR cabs I own. Thanks for the replies folks.

Thanks for this post. This topic is interesting to me. For many years, Atomic, in the opinion of guitarists in various forums, has been the best active cabinet for modern processors with simulator booths. Sadly, there were no worthy competitors with a similar product quality. The main thing - the price does not fall and difficulties with delivery to various regions of the world. (all claims to understanding google-translator)

That seems more like what I'm hearing out of the non neo one that I just bought. And it seems like quite a bit of volume to that horn. Not saying this is a horrible thing just sounds way different than the other FRFR cabs I own. Thanks for the replies folks.
The difference you are hearing is likely due to a variety of things, and not simply the Xover freq chosen.
There are so many factors that contribute to the sound of a speaker, especially one as carefully designed as the CLR.
Not knowing your other FRFR speakers, I can say that the CLR is very flat/accurate, which means your other speakers may not be.

Back
Top Bottom