CLR connection cable

budda007

Inspired
If you some are using output 1 on the Axe to the FOH. Output 2 on the Axe to the CLR. What cable are you guys using. 1/4 to female xlr or just and instrument cable?

Just got mine. I need a 30' run from output 2 to the CLR. I did a 1/4 short guitar cable to a DI box mounted in the back of my flight case with an XLR out of that to the wedge.

You could always go Balanced XLR out of Output 1 of the AxeFX II to the CLR Input, then out of the CLR thru XLR output to the snake... ( unless you are trying to keep them separate for a reason... )

When used as a backline, I go XLR to XLR. As a monitor/stage fill, I generally go XLR Out 1 to FOH and just use a decent guitar cable (10' or under) from Out 2. I've also used a DI to go from Out 2 to FOH XLR.

Works great in any of those configs.

TT

I wondered the same. I have my rack sitting within a couple feet from my CLR and wondered if using balanced (XLR) or unbalanced (1/4" instrument) made any difference.

As Gira mentioned, the Humbusters are definately great. You use out-2 and are getting the advantage of a semi-balanced connection.

You could always go Balanced XLR out of Output 1 of the AxeFX II to the CLR Input, then out of the CLR thru XLR output to the snake... ( unless you are trying to keep them separate for a reason... )
That's how I'm planning to hook mine up (when it finally arrives, lol). How does that affect the way you set up the Axe's output levels for the FOH feed?

That's how I'm planning to hook mine up (when it finally arrives, lol). How does that affect the way you set up the Axe's output levels for the FOH feed?

If you were to hook it up this way, wouldn't it defeat the purpose of having two separate Axe feeds? Modifying your own CLR monitor level while not affecting the FOH level is the goal I would guess.

If you were to hook it up this way, wouldn't it defeat the purpose of having two separate Axe feeds? Modifying your own CLR monitor level while not affecting the FOH level is the goal I would guess.

Ah-ha! (lightbulb switches on) You're right - I should just Output 1 for FOH and Output 2 for the CLR. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom