CLR as backline?

Sted,
I have 3 active CLR wedges and love them to death in all positions (backline, free field and wedge).
I use them with both electric, acoustic and bass guitar, and further more I often play music and backing track through them or use them for a full band mix or mini PA.
There are a lot of possibilities and applications for whisch they are suited, and with the right speaker IR it'll sound like one of the best cabs you've ever heard.
The CLR is a professional reference grade monitor at consumer pricing which is insane (lets just keep this between us so Tom King doesn't raise his prices), and they sound great at anything from low bedroom to full on (insanely) loud rock stage volumes.
I have 60+ shows on mine and they still impress me with their sound quality every single time I turn them on.
I can't recommend the CLRs highly enough.

Cheers Rocket, yeah, read your extensive review on here which convinced me to try them, I've ordered an active wedge to see how I get on with it and luckily it should be here in a few days due to the current EU stock surplus! Its kind of a last chance saloon as I really need the Axe to work live for me which it didn't really do using a guitar cab and the Matrix, I love the sound I get through my monitors though so if the CLR is half as good as the many (Many!) positive reports then I am very hopeful!

Sted,
I have 3 active CLR wedges and love them to death in all positions (backline, free field and wedge).
I use them with both electric, acoustic and bass guitar, and further more I often play music and backing track through them or use them for a full band mix or mini PA.
There are a lot of possibilities and applications for whisch they are suited, and with the right speaker IR it'll sound like one of the best cabs you've ever heard.
The CLR is a professional reference grade monitor at consumer pricing which is insane (lets just keep this between us so Tom King doesn't raise his prices), and they sound great at anything from low bedroom to full on (insanely) loud rock stage volumes.
I have 60+ shows on mine and they still impress me with their sound quality every single time I turn them on.
I can't recommend the CLRs highly enough.

Very well put RB...I've also begun messing with bass guitar and my Axe II/CLR's. The more you experiment the better it gets...especially if you're taking advantage of all the Ownhammer IR's...finding some sick tones!

Very well put RB...I've also begun messing with bass guitar and my Axe II/CLR's. The more you experiment the better it gets...especially if you're taking advantage of all the Ownhammer IR's...finding some sick tones!

Hi Paul - did you buy your CLRs from Atomic or elsewhere?

Just trying to get a sense for when Atomic will be shipping Active CLR edges in the USA again. :)

Back
Top Bottom