CLR Active Wedge .vs Equator Q8 (stupid question within)

Zmonk

Inspired
I never make these type of posts about gear, as I'm aware that it's all about personal choice and what works best for you. However, I've had an unexpected change in situation that has me rethinking things.

My band situation came to a sudden and unfortunate end due to a situation with a band member's family member and the Boston Marathon bombing. I had just sold all of my FRFR gear as I am on the waiting list for the CLR Active Wedges. In the mean time I was playing through an SLA-2 and a Port City cab (sounds great but I can't wait to get back to FRFR).

Now with no band, and no desire to start or join anything any time soon I'm wondering if the smart move is to grab a pair of the Equator Q8’s or maybe Adam A7X's (though I am admittedly intrigued by the Equators). My current monitors are KRK's, so I would be upgrading my monitors as well (plus I'd be able to sell the KRK's). I really would like the CLR's but I'm thinking my desire to grab the CLR's may be overwhelming my common sense. I know the A7X's are popular, but has anyone here used their Axe through the Q8’s?

Oops. Didn't see there was a thread on the Q8’s right on the first page of the this forum. I'm a bit daft.

Back
Top Bottom