'Cloud' effects patches needed!

Radley

Experienced
Does anyone out there have some 'cloud' effects patches AFX II (auto-swell/slow gear effect with a nice, sustained wash of reverb, delay, etc) ~ I am needing something quickly for rehearsals tomorrow!

Thanks for any help you can offer :)

As it happens, I've been playing around all weekend with a MTD washed out patch after debugging some stuff. Great for swells.

Axe-Change - Download Preset - MTD Wash - by iaresee

A washed out, sustaining patch good for atmosphere and swells. VOL1 is assigned to External Controller 3 for manual swells with your expression pedal. VOL2 is assigned to the Envelope controller for slow-gear'ish type auto-swells. Tune the envelope controller's attack, release and gain to suit your guitar.

Step through the scenes to bring on more gain. From edgy Shiva clean to AC-20 overdrive.

(Wow. I got preset upload 3000 on Axe-Change with this one!)

there are some nice ambient presets in banks B and C...did you look?

it's easy to set up a "slow gear" effect....just drop in a volume block, either before the amp or after the cab and attach volume to envelope. you can then fine tune how slow you want the auto swell to be in the controllers>envelope page by tweaking the attack parameter

the plex detune is a nice alternative to reverb, as it has a thicker and richer sound. just set the four delay times randomly (so they don't overlap in multiples) from about 100ms to 400 or 500ms. shortest delay time for delay 1 and so on. add other fx like delay, chorus, phaser etc etc depending on how much "action" you want

these kind of sounds are so easy to set up with the tools we have in the axe. play around for 10mins and you'll have something that not only sounds good, but something you made yourself

try using a gate block with a long attack time.. noodle with the threshold setting so that it feels right when you play..
and then drown it with ambience
try a stereo analog delay [600ms, feedback above 25%, but the mix level moderately low, maybe around 10% to 15%] followed by a nice huge cathedral reverb..

and the tape delay block with feedback very close to the point where it starts to self-oscillate, mixed quite low. always a winner :)

Thanks for the info guys ~ will be experimenting... :) Iaresee, I hope to test your patch tomorrow ~ Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom