Closest amp to the Mesa Fillmore 50 amp?

For which tone?
The clean is pretty much fender-y
The high gain channel seems to me like a more generic sounding Bogner type gain. The mid gain is compressed sounding. It wasn’t a bad amp, but it’s not one I’d want to own again.

Any of the Tweed models will get you close. Play around with the variac and supply sag to cop the power scaling feature.

I just watched one too many Mesa Fillmore demo videos and did a search of AxeFX+Mesa Fillmore which brought me to this thread.
It's good to know I'm not the only one.
So I'm going to develop a new discipline....make the AxeFxIII stop the new amp lust, or sell the AxeFXIII to buy the first amp it can't replicate...
Wish me luck ;)

Well crap! I guess no new amp for me today.
I had a quick lunch after that last post and then got started trying to copy the Fillmore. First attempt was with the factory preset 101, Super Verb Crunch....and I....well, I just played. This won't take long, did it?

It isn't exactly the same but it is so close that it would be silly to think I can't get it from there or some other model in that wheelhouse.

And on a related note, what ever happened to "All factory presets suck!" ??? I think we need to put an end to that meme now!

Back
Top Bottom