Closest amp model to a Two Rock Custom Reverb 50

guitarcal

Inspired
I am currently babysitting my buddy's Custom Reverb 50w Version 1. It has 2 6L6 tubes and a solid state rectifier and sounds killer.

I figured while I had the amp, I would do my best to match it's clean tone in the Axe FX. I captured the 2x12 IR and am now running through amps to find the best match. The cab and mics (shure sm57 and beta 57) haven't moved.

Closest I've found is the Carol Ann Triptik Clean and the ODS-100 HRM Mid. These are extremely close, but there is a low end presence and thump/sizzle that is missing compared to the Two Rock.

Any recommendations?

Did you try altering the dynamic character, dynamic depth, and dynamic presence parameters along with the LF Q in the speaker page? That is how I usually fine tune things when I get close to a sound but it doesn't match.

Did you try altering the dynamic character, dynamic depth, and dynamic presence parameters along with the LF Q in the speaker page? That is how I usually fine tune things when I get close to a sound but it doesn't match.

Great suggestion, I'll give this a try and report back. I messed with the speaker drive as well which maybe got it a hair closer.

Thanks everyone for the amp suggestions as well. I'm kind of surprised a Custom Reverb hasn't been added to the amp list yet, especially since we have the J35 models. If this amp were mine, I'd consider sending it in for the FAS team to model. Its a killer sounding amp!

Back
Top Bottom