[closed] Have there been any more 6.x beta sightings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Axe Fx III lost the inputs (no signal entering the unit from any of the inputs) and this was also reported by someone else on the Forum. I tried to re-install the 6.0 beta (from 5.08) and the same thing happened. No sign of hanging an everything seemed to be fine (including communication with the Axe Edit III) except from no sound. I do have some global blocks and have not tried to "un-globalise" them before installing 6.0 beta. I can share or send the backup files from bank A and system (5.08) if that is of any help. I have the Master Mind GT22 connected with two midi cables but they were disconnected before installing 6.0 beta (and any other FW install).

Still having issues with hangs. Trying to get to the bottom of it. Suspect it's something to do with the newly added Global Perform page.

Just like to add my thanks for your updates and the machine gun like firmware revision's...can't wait to try 6.0....!

I think pretty much everyone here wants to help.

Awesome community and outstanding interactions between the ‘vendor’ and the ‘customer’. I put those words in quotes because I don’t really view FAS as a typical vendor nor us as typical customers. Somehow we are all vested in the overall success.

I don’t but my issue is intermittent. I just powered up a few hours ago and it hung. Turned it off for about 10 seconds and powered up with zero issues.

That’s happened a few times. Would a newly generated system backup help ?

I don’t but my issue is intermittent. I just powered up a few hours ago and it hung. Turned it off for about 10 seconds and powered up with zero issues.

Interesting as Cliff thought that it would either always happen or never.

I hope/assume they already have a few full backups from users who had problems updating...

Interesting as Cliff thought that it would either always happen or never.

I hope/assume they already have a few full backups from users who had problems updating...

It’s definitely intermittent. But I’m always able to get it to boot eventually.

has anyone who experiences the hang tried to do a backup, factory rest then re-install 6.00?

And/or clear all presets, then re-install?

Initial update to 6.0b was fine and I had no hangs on reboot. Didn't have time to noodle afterward and shut everything down for a few hours. Came back and fire up the Axe, no hangs. However, the tuner was completely unresponsive and there was no signal coming out of Out 1 at all. Rolled back to 5.09 and all was good again. No biggie, it's the nature of software/firmware development and I've no doubt Cliff & Company will suss it out.

FWIW, I can report with Beta 6.0 on my III (one of the earliest units shipped) that none of the reported symptoms have occurred with numerous power cyclings . The only anomaly I have encountered is the borked implementation of the keyboard shortcuts on Mac for the Performance windows. The sound and new UI implementations are otherwise very impressive.

FWIW, I can report with Beta 6.0 on my III (one of the earliest units shipped) that none of the reported symptoms have occurred with numerous power cyclings . The only anomaly I have encountered is the borked implementation of the keyboard shortcuts on Mac for the Performance windows. The sound and new UI implementations are otherwise very impressive.
6.0 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom