[closed] Have there been any more 6.x beta sightings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure would like to know more about: Improved Amp block power amp modeling. I have been tweaking quite a bit in the power amp section lately. Wondering if what I have been doing will be down the crapper with 6.0 beta. Guess I will keep on with what I'm doing and finish up my gig presets for this weekend, take some snapshots and see what happens in 6.0. Can always roll back.

Didn't you hear, FAS is on a much deserved extended summer vacation, we'll have to wait till September. :anguished:

jk

If there was a new beta release Cliff would post it to the forum, just like he's done hundreds of times before. Not like he's going to get sneaky and post a link in the FX8 sub-forum, or post a link on TGP etc.

Or maybe they decided to have a core group beta test the firmware who will provide constructive feedback instead of offering it to the masses and have to read all the complaints of how they don't know what they're doing.
While this would be perfectly understandable, I hope that Cliff and his crew never lose the sense of joy that's so apparent whenever they share their latest accomplishments with us.

That would truly be a shame if the whiners and complainers caused us not to be able to play with betas anymore.

To be honest it froze my III but the recovery options were well explained by Cliff and worked flawlessly.

And just for shits and grins I reinstalled the beta and it’s working fine and I dig it :)

Are there any tools that would enable a system dump that you could compare between a unit that hangs and one that doesn't?

While I haven't tried 6.0b, and therefore don't know whether it would hang on my unit, I'm happy to act as guinea pig given that recovery is straightforward and that it could help the cause.

If it doesn't hang at startup it should be fine and never hang at startup. There's something weird going on on some units where the system data is causing a hang. None of the developer's units exhibit this.

I gave it a go the other day and so far no issues. I did not have any global blocks configured at the time of the update. I went from axefxiii_dsp_rel_5p09_beta2 to axefxiii_dsp_rel_6p00_beta1 (before it was taken down). My FC-12 was attached during the update. Perform and Global perform are the features I never knew I needed but will not be able to go without now. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom