Close my Eyes Forever

Pinkycramps

Experienced
Does anyone have a great preset for this, or possibly a resource?

I am building a patch that is a work in progress, and it has some elements I am pretty happy with. I have a pretty decent 12 string acoustic simulator that sounds good.
I am working on the heavy part - but there is a lot of synth there and programing that is not my specialty. Right now I am using a heavy tone with a fair amount of tri chorus on it. It works, although I think I will keep chasing the synth part.

The part I am looking for the most help with (or a resource if it's already out there) is the solo. It's got a harmonizer on it and I am really not close to capturing the sound yet. I'd love to hear or at least discuss what others are doing for this song.

I’m using an acoustic simulator preset from Fremen I believe. The rest is my normal preset. I use the Pitch Block for some 80’s type detune.
Our keyboard player harmonizes the solo with me and fills in all the other little details and sounds in the song.

I just put this preset together. I'd love to see what @bishop5150 and others have to add to this. Ext 2 goes clean to distorted. I use the distorted part of the clean scene for the bridge.
There are multiple clean scenes as I'm still not perfectly happy. Lift your fingers to accentuate the reverse delay sweep while playing. The ir is an acoustic I made.
I was lazy and used +12 harmonizer which didn't sound right. I just went back and analyzed the song and I'm WAY off. I'm going to see if I can get away with 2 custom harmonies. I'll update the patch at that point.
I updated the preset with custom harmony (4) controlled by an expression pedal and posted it in the recording section.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom