CLOCK NOISE on D/A Conversion

Yes,
it happens on my macbook but not on my I-Mac (same configuration) . Cause its only on playback I dont care very much about it. A simple fix is to listen back using another Interface ( I use a cheap L6 )
By the way , the I mac is from 2008 and the macbook from 2009
Regards

Last edited:
Actually, I've been running into this problem as well. I have an iMac from 2009 (dual core) and it's literally the same problem, so unless it effects more than Sandy Bridge processor, there are other issues as well. I really want to use the USB 2.0 connection, as it is easy and convenient. However, if it is necessary, I will use analog-in on my Focusrite. It'll mean unplugging things in order to use my microphone preamp, as I only have two analog inputs. That's just annoying. I'd like to set and forget, you know?

Any more information regarding these issues?

Can anyone confirm that Apple did indeed fix this in the OSX 10.7.2 update that was released on October 12?

Just received my Axe 2 today! :D I seem to be having the same pop/crackaling problem on my also brand new Mac. :S:S It never did this with my Ultra tho.

Not sure whether or not this is related, but since the last Lion OSX update I have been experiencing the same issue with my Ultra (running through SPDIF). 2011 MBP

So is this issue only for Logic 9 or all DAW's on a Mac? I use PT 10 and I have the same issue. I am also getting the metronome bleeding into my guitar track when using USB to record. Any clue what this could be?

So is the update that Apple release a Logic update or an OS X update? I'm on 10.6.8 now.

So is this issue only for Logic 9 or all DAW's on a Mac? I use PT 10 and I have the same issue. I am also getting the metronome bleeding into my guitar track when using USB to record. Any clue what this could be?

So is the update that Apple release a Logic update or an OS X update? I'm on 10.6.8 now.

MAC USB drivers. It would happen in protools as well. OS or at least USB driver update from Apple is needed.

Cliff said in another thread several months ago that Apple put their lead USB tech on it and they solved it. Am I missing something here? Or has there not been an update?

Apple says the fix is coming. They just don't say when. Maybe in Snow Lion?

So they are working on the Aggregate device issues? I have perfect playback when using Axe FX II Output as my playback engine. No inputs are available to record though. Oh well, at least I know they are 'working on it'. Thanx M@!!!

If I'm on 10.6.8. Snow Leopard will I need to upgrade to Lion?

Apple says the fix is coming. They just don't say when. Maybe in Snow Lion?

I'm waiting to for Mac OS 11.0.34 Howler Monkey before I switch over.

Actually the aggregate device thing interests me. Maybe some reading material for later tonight.

I'm still confused how to re-amp with Logic 8 (NOT using USB, but with my Profire 2626 and axe fx). I've read some posts about it, but nothing specific to the profire 2626, and logic 8.

ps - with usb re-amping I face the random buzz/clicks, and out-of-sync issues. I love the axe fx sounds, but I'm embarrassed to offer my new gear for re-amping to clients so far

Last edited:
Still no fix? I don't have a second sound card to run my Axe in to. I want to record so bad, but everything I do has crackles on it. And the crackles are on the file, not just during playback. Listened to it on another system and they are there. Please, Fractal. Help?

FWIW - and not specifically related to USB - there are MASSIVE problems with Lion/Mountain Lion and CoreAudio. This is easily duplicated in Logic 9 by playing a track (or more) while using the EQ analyzer pop-up. The symptom is that Logic becomes unresponsive to the keyboard and the mouse, and may run on for quite a bit before it will take any input. One work around is to use a MIDI control surface. Allegedly, the fix is coming in the next update to ML. There was a long period where the Logic developers were unresponsive, and the because it turned out to be a CoreAudio problem, the ML developers were skeptical.

Here's one thread on the matter:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/20976811#20976811 (last message)

That's not the issue.
I have OSX 10.7.5 (last Lion update) and Logic works fine with all my gear except with AXE FX II as an Audio Interface. I don't use 10.8.x (Mountain Lion)
AXe FX II doesn't work as an AI, that's the only fact, and I'm very skeptical about this being only an apple problem. It's simply a matter of common sense.

Because I was very skeptical about this issue I tell you what I did. I took my old macbook pro 1,3 from mid2007, remove dust, install OSX Mountain Lion, and tested again AXE FX as Audio Interface, used Logic 9 with several projects, and to my surprise in this Mac the problem wasn't present; by now is free of any glitch, noise, crackling and poping. Any possible noise I heard, I checked with other AI gear, and also was there. The only answer is of course the sandy bridge processor architecture aforementioned by Fractal.

So by now I'm going to change my workflow and record Guitars at the old Mac with AXE, and mix and master with Logic 9 at the Mac from 2011 (which has sandy bring and the noise problem) with my other AI gear. Some more file interchange, a bit more of work, a minor change in procedure, but that's all.

Anyway I beg Fractal not to give up, because there are myriads of new Macs with this microprocessor architecture

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom