Clips from my preset collection: #009 Acoustic sim

Sounds really fine Yek, is it possible to get a .csv or xls file with the block settings and a layout, as I'm on Mark I...?

You can use the zipped file I posted above. It contains the blocks, which you can arrange with the help of the screenshot.
Make sure you're on the very latest Axe-Edit.

http://members.ziggo.nl/alexandervanengelen/ACOUSIM.zip

Also, you need this IR:
http://members.ziggo.nl/alexandervanengelen/gtrbody_XL.syx

picture of grid.png
Thanks a lot

Sounds great - I will try to see how much of this, I can make work in Ax8 (obviously, I have neither tonematch nor multicomp :( )

Which question is which? There are two of them.

:D

The Save Presets as Blocks routine names blocks in the order they appear in the preset.
The numbers do not indicate the effect instance.

So the saved GEQ 1 block is the first in the preset, the 2nd is the middel one, and number 3 is the last one.

I had to lower the cab path to -20 and set the GEQ1 to this:
upload_2016-2-17_16-30-11.png
That made the preset work for my LP with split neck PU.
BTW: is there a reason you limited the enhancer to 2.000Hz or is that a typo and should be 20.000Hz? I think it sounds even better with unlimited HighCut.
Cheers!

2000 is the default value in Modern mode. But I agree, a higher value does sound better.

Got back a few days ago and want to implement this patch in my mark I, somebody already did to save time ? If not I'll post the patch. Alexander, will the "well known" gtrbody_ultrares.syx IR for Mark I/II be OK ? Anyway, I'll try

Doesn't seem to keep on with Axe Edit....

This is what I get when starting up AE (for Q2.0, FWQ2.0, Windows 7 Professional :

Log started: 6 Mar 2016 10:41:11am

D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Cab 1.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Compressor 1.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Controllers.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Delay 1.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Enhancer.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Filter 3.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-FX Loop.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Graphic EQ 1.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Graphic EQ 2.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Graphic EQ 3.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Multiband Comp. 1.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Parametric EQ 3.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Reverb 1.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-Tone Match.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.
D:\Users\lboer\Documents\Fractal Audio\Workspace-v2\AxeEdit\Effects\Blocks\Acoustic\ACOUS cab-VolumePan 2.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.

What am I doing wrong, or are blocks finally NOT compatible between Mark I and XL ?

Oops...did the update instantly, now AE does see the XL blocks but they remain "grey" and I can't upload the blocks to my mark I. Anybody knows what to do ?

"Axe-Edit 3.5.1 REQUIRES Axe-Fx II Firmware Quantum 1.00 or newer.
New Features:
1. Axe-Fx II XL and Axe-Fx II XL+ blocks can now be imported into Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II.
Please note: The Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II does not have X/Y switching for the Compressor, Gate/Expander, Graphic EQ, Mixer, Parametric EQ, or Tremolo/Panner blocks. Importing the aforementioned blocks into an Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II will only import the X settings."

Oops...did the update instantly, now AE does see the XL blocks but they remain "grey" and I can't upload the blocks to my mark I. Anybody knows what to do ?

"Axe-Edit 3.5.1 REQUIRES Axe-Fx II Firmware Quantum 1.00 or newer.
New Features:
1. Axe-Fx II XL and Axe-Fx II XL+ blocks can now be imported into Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II.
Please note: The Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II does not have X/Y switching for the Compressor, Gate/Expander, Graphic EQ, Mixer, Parametric EQ, or Tremolo/Panner blocks. Importing the aforementioned blocks into an Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II will only import the X settings."

RTFM item; you have to point a block and then insert, works flawless.

Yek, it doesn't quite translate as well as for example the CLN Acoustic patch I downloaded on the forum, could you pls indicate which GEQ goes in What position on your screen shot ?

What a great acoustic sim. Especially with no piezo. Very impressive. Your playing highlights how the compression keeps things very even

Hi all - do any Mark I users have the converted patch to share? Would be very much appreciated if you do.

Thanks in advance. Cheers Gilesy

PS - Yek, amazing sound on the recording. Sounds beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom