Clips Form Ibanez Clinic in San Diego

Larry Mitchell

Power User
Hello Axe Friends,

I did a couple of Ibanez Clinics these past few weeks and all was fun. I got a lot of questions about tone and the Axe FX. I tried to answer as best as I could during the clinics, but they where IBANEZ clinics so I answered more one on one questions about the Axe after the clinics where over. I do think there are now another 3 confirmed Axe Fx's to be purchased though. At least it felt that way. Also Jeff the Sound man from "Guitar trader" San Diego was interested in the Ultra before I met him and he seemed very happy to see my Ultra when I opened my rack bag. I think he is trying to sell some boogie gear to get one.

Anyway. Here are to clips from The San Diego clinic. The sound is not direct though, It's from a little Flip camera and also the guy holding the camera is right in front of the stage so you are hearing more of the floor monitors and those are facing me not the audience. But i think that you can get an idea of the sound. My settings work for me. maybe not for others.

I had some video from the Phoenix Clinic too but Have no idea where I put them. When I find I will upload those too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aO4QnfU ... annel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al9Y43ba ... annel_page

Thanks for watching/listening
Larry

Thanks for the great clips. I've been an Ibanez S player since they first came out. Now you've sold me on the SV version. As for the Axe, obviously I am already sold on it. :D

Yea yea yea!

Love it. I think the one comment up there says it VERY well: "he is a real master jedi guitar slinger..... "

Dig!

Nice.

I've never been super big into Ibanez or anything, but way back in the days when the 7 string got real big, (Korn's heyday,) I looked at a 7 string S just for fun, and almost bought it too.

Now, recently, I've been needing a 7 for some music I've been writing and I'm back looking at that 7 string S again.

I kind of wish there where more body style options for 7's, but alas. I'd love to see a factory 7 V, or X type body, or (gasp) a LP type shape. As long as it has a floating bridge, and 24 frets that is.

Actually, that's the funny thing, unless you've got 3 grand, you have to choose between 24 frets, or a floating bridge. I chose floating bridge.

Maybe (hopefully) after the dust settles on my current purchases (by next week I should have $1600 for my Axe-FX Ultra) I can squeeze that 7 string S past the wife. :D

Larry,
Really nice sounds on those clips. I like the way that the delay is very present but not overkill, and each note cuts thru nicely without it being harsh. When are you coming to the NY/NJ area? Would love to come to a clinic.
Phil

Larry,

Those were SMOKIN'! Great playing, of course. I love the sounds you had going there. Great cutting, warm sounds. Kick @$$!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for writing. I haven't been able to write back quickly, I am in 10 hour a day tech rehearsals. :-0

The clinics are fun and lots of questions about the Axe FX. java I do come up Denver quite a BIt. I live in Santa Fe New Mexico. I do a lot of Mastering up at air-show Mastering in Boulder. I will definitely let you know the next time I come up and hopefully will have a clinic set up there too. Also I had a great playing at your Mile high stadium!!! Or they call it somethings else now right? That was a few years ago though.

John, Thank you so much for meeting with me for coffee and gear talk. That was fun.

Phil B, I try with the Delay. I have been a delay junkie for many many years. I use set bouncing delay times 480ms-and 680ms. Until I got yelled at by many drummers. :) Since then I have been using Tap tempo. Up... Got get back to the stage.

Thanks

larry

Larry Mitchell said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks for writing. I haven't been able to write back quickly, I am in 10 hour a day tech rehearsals. :-0

The clinics are fun and lots of questions about the Axe FX. java I do come up Denver quite a BIt. I live in Santa Fe New Mexico. I do a lot of Mastering up at air-show Mastering in Boulder. I will definitely let you know the next time I come up and hopefully will have a clinic set up there too. Also I had a great playing at your Mile high stadium!!! Or they call it somethings else now right? That was a few years ago though.

John, Thank you so much for meeting with me for coffee and gear talk. That was fun.

Phil B, I try with the Delay. I have been a delay junkie for many many years. I use set bouncing delay times 480ms-and 680ms. Until I got yelled at by many drummers. :) Since then I have been using Tap tempo. Up... Got get back to the stage.

Thanks

larry

That would be great. I actually grew up in Albuquerque. Mile High is Invesco Field now. :D

Back
Top Bottom