Clip from the band I just joined on YouTube

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
Ostrogoth - The Clouds

Last year I was approached by my friend Rudy "White Shark" Vercruysse.
He asked me if I could fill in for him when he was being treated for cancer or when he felt he wasn't feeling well enough to play.
So I joined the band for a couple of shows as a backup for Rudy.
I was glad I he could play all the shows and it looked as if the treatment was working.
Until last fall, we got the sad news the treatments were no longer working.
Sadly he died on January 3rd at the age of 59.

Rudy was a very down to earth and realistic guy and he wanted for the band to carry on.
As soon as he was diagnosed with cancer he started planning for the future of the band.
They invited me for a fotoshoot in June.
They used one of those pics to bring the news of me succeeding him in Ostrogoth.
This is what they wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Pragmatic and realistic as he is, WhiteShark had immediately a scenario for the future from the day he was diagnosed with cancer. Ostrogoth never had to organize auditions to start looking for another guitarist. From day one WhiteShark told the rest of the band "I want that guy to be my successor... when the time comes." And time has come. “That guy” is GEERT ANNYS.
In the ‘80s Geert was part of Belgian bands Stainless Steel, Thunderfire and Universe and spent some time in Neo-Prophet several years ago, but he is best known for his work on the debut album by melodic hard rock band Mystery.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Geert%20%26%20Rudy.jpg

This Clip is in his memory.
Rudy was a great musician and a wonderful human being.
He will forever remain in our hearts.

White%20Shark.jpg

Sorry for your loss :blue: It's awesome that he wanted the band to carry on and picked you to fill in for him. Really dig the song dude! :encouragement:

Sorry for your lost but if he asked you to join the band I think now he's very happy to see that you are in.
Life goes on and (IMHO) the best way to remember someone we lost is to go on.
Congrats

Great sounding band! There's so much talent in the world, why are we bombarded with the vast multitude of talentless hacks on the radio!

Cool tune, I love the drive...Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. It's a touching tribute to him to step in and carry on in his place...thanks for sharing the story and good luck with your new band going forward...

Thanks for all the kind words.

I had my first gig with the band last night and it was great.
Everyone made me feel very welcome and we were sure Rudy "WhiteShark" was there in spirit.
For the first encore, we Rudy's guitar was on stage while playing the recording of his trademark intro as a salute to our fallen comrade.
I wore a T-shirt in his honour.
Ostrogoth%20-%2015-03-07%20-%20De%20Kreun%20%2889%29.JPG

It got a bit emotional but in the end it was great fun and everyone appreciated the tribute to Rudy.
I'm glad we can carry on his legacy.

Back
Top Bottom