Cliff's setup

rtcook

Experienced
I thought I read somewhere that Cliff is using an amp and guitar cab setup as his preferred rig. It makes me wonder if he uses this type of setup to create/tweek the amp simulations he creates. Its said that he has a ton of vintage amps that he "cloned" into the Axe sims. I would think a FRFR approach would be a better way to monitor and fine tune the amps sims. A tube amp would color the tone as well as the cab would limit the range. Whereas with a FRFR setup it pretty much neutral. I personally have a Marshall rack tube amp and two Marshall 4x12's loaded with V30's. Both amp and speaker sims are off. Its fine for certain things, but just doesn't get it for Fender tones. I just ordered a pair of EV ELX115P speakers and am going to give them a go. I'll be able to turn on the amp and speaker sims. I believe these speakers will give me the best shot at getting the cab in the room sound. They really pushed the air when I demoed them. I just wonder what Cliffs setup is when he creates his amp sims.

Roger

I have no clue at all but I think Cliff's personal setup is one thing while Cliff's engineering equipments is another :mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom