Cliff's Reviews

Blueberry Crisp. Runner up is the Chocolate Chip. Clif Bars are also a "development cave" staple.
Choc chip and a coffee for breakfast and then Peanut Toffee Buzz and a big bottle of water half an hour before the show got me a few tours stateside.

They've become available down here in the last few years but places charge up to $4 each which is hard to stomach.

I love Bubly, but only certain flavors. The Cherry tastes like carbonated cough syrup to me (wife loves it though). The raspberry and black raspberry are my favorites. I was also a fan of the raspberry La Croix, but if I remember right, had aspartame in it and I try to avoid that stuff.

if I remember right, had aspartame in it and I try to avoid that stuff.
Good plan. That stuff is poison. A failed atrempt at developing a rubber compound, IIRC, that the guy noticed smelled sweet, and tasted it. Turned down for human consumption several times before someone was able to shove it through, likely by bribing the relevant testing people to pass it. Causes symptoms similar to Alzheimer's in a significant number of people.

Last edited:
My feeling has always been, if I'm outside, I can always add enough protection to stay nice and warm. If it's too hot, I can only take off so many layers before I get arrested. And don't give me any of that "it's a dry heat" bullshit. :smile:
Past a point, taking stuff off is counterproductive anyway. Solar input is a significant portion of the heat. 105 after dark or in the shade is fairly comfortable, but 80 in the sun is hot....

My RO water out of the faucet tastes infinitely better than any of those new bubbling waters that taste like they have been strained through a full laundry hamper with a dash of some chemical to give it a fake fruity taste.

I have decided a tall glass of ice, RO water from the tap, and a handful of berries tossed in cannot be beat. Better & cheaper. Win/Win

This thread disturbs me. There is no reason, ever, to drink a carbonated beverage warm. What are we, Paleolithic?!?!
Get one of these. Yes, YETI is generally overpriced, but who can put a value on avoiding that sick feeling you get when drinking warm, flat foulness.

Amazon product ASIN B07VDG8VVD

This thread disturbs me. There is no reason, ever, to drink a carbonated beverage warm. What are we, Paleolithic?!?!
Get one of these. Yes, YETI is generally overpriced, but who can put a value on avoiding that sick feeling you get when drinking warm, flat foulness.

They gave out company-branded versions of these during our tech dept conference back in Feb. They work really well for keeping whatever liquid you put in them the same temperature as it went in for a few hours.

Amazon product ASIN B00MI2XJXI

I have deep love for my Yeti mugs my previous employer gave me. I'd never buy one for myself, but I'd fight to the death if someone tried to abscond mine now.

like one of those 104-in-1 chemistry kits they used to make when I was a kid.

My older brother and I got one of those when I was pretty young....the first thing my brother made was "Chemical Rotten Eggs" and didn't heed the warning (perhaps intentionally lol) to do that experiment outside.

Stunk, and I mean stunk, up the whole house with a thick, oppressive reek that was stomach turning. The parents where not impressed, and I'm sure regretted the purchase at that point. Clearly, we were not the PhD material they thought we were...o_O

You know, I've been in tech for decades, never once has there been free soda or snacks or any such thing. I'm at a nonprofit now so I wouldn't expect it, but gosh oh gee, I've really missed out.

In the early 2000s I worked at Microsoft. They routinely offered free drinks. On Friday afternoons they brought in kegs of beer (good craft beer - no bud light) to lure us employees into working late. I had to be careful not to get lit up before driving home. I bet they don't do that any more due to liability reasons.

In the early 2000s I worked at Microsoft. They routinely offered free drinks. On Friday afternoons they brought in kegs of beer (good craft beer - no bud light) to lure us employees into working late. I had to be careful not to get lit up before driving home. I bet they don't do that any more due to liability reasons.

That sort of thing is on a team by team basis - there is no company-wide beerathon on Fridays. Also, Microsoft has always been good about paying for cab rides home from any sort of event involving alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom