Cliff, you orta solicit this fellar...

Welcome Henric!
Thanks to this thread I just bought your band's new album off iTunes.
Very creative guitar playing and use of FX! Enjoying the writing as well, good job everyone in the band!

Cool, welcome to the forum Henric.

Your mesa MOD seems to have taken so much of the bottom end out that it really sounds like you had another mic placement. Can you tell more about what its involve in that MOD?

Thanks.

Yes, I've taken out a lot of bottom end from the preamp to make it tighter. The preamp layout is bad in the rectifier which makes it very noisy at high gain levels, I've changed the layout to get rid of the noise. The gain stages are tweaked as well and the frequency response in the whole preamp section is different from a stock rectifier.

Here is another clip of the same rectifier:

Here is my personal favorite amp when it comes to dynamics using the volume knob on the guitar:

I'm playing on my Greco EGF1000 with a Seymour Duncan JB in bridge and Seymour Duncan 59 in neck, stright in to the amp.
The cab is a Malmberg 4x12 with old Celestion Greenbacks.

Pics from the process:
Sound City Slave Unit 120 | Henrics hörna

WOW, this sounded far better then any TrainWreck demo I've seen!!, amazing job man!.

Man, that second Sound City Slave Unit sounds so frickin good! The dynamics seem delicious.

And welcome to the forums, Henric. It is awesome having you amongst our midst. :)

Here is a quick attempt at that Recto tone. I didn't Tone Match it, but approached kind of sort of like an amp modder would. If anyone does Tone Match it, let me know. :)

Attachments

• Henric plz.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 23
I'm still just loving this guys Marshall 1987x. As much as love the creaminess of the crunch, I'm really floored by the beauty of the cleans. Starting at 5:55 it's just gorgeous (7:08 too). Anyone familiar with the Seymour Duncan 59 neck or the JB bridge pickups? Is that typical of their sound?

I always forget about the 1987x model in the Axe. This post reminded me to revisit it. Man does it rock. I prefer it with the Bright switch on though.

I've used Seymour Duncan JBs in the bridge of several of my guitars for years. I love them. Warm tone, not overly hot output. Great tight crunch.

Henric,
Those tones sound amazing! Never been much of a Boogy guy but I could hang with this!

Welcome to the forum!

Absolutely incredible tones- a great reference point. Wonder if I could achieve some of this via the axe. Thanks for the ref!

I've used Seymour Duncan JBs in the bridge of several of my guitars for years. I love them. Warm tone, not overly hot output. Great tight crunch.
Thanks catnick. Henric's really seems to sound great with the Seymour Duncan 59 in the in between position too. I'll have to check them out.

Tasty sounds and playing Henric :)
Using the old PA amps reminded me of when Leslie West was touring with Mountain (not yesterday) and back then they used to have gear pre-booked in each city they were playing instead of hauling tons of stuff. Only problem was, one night some PA amps were delivered for use with his guitar instead of the Marshalls he'd asked for and with no time to change things he went ahead with the show. These PA amps became his new favourite and contributed to his sound from that day on - can't remember whether they were Selmer on Sound City or whatever but just goes to show what a good player can do.:)

Never heard of a Laney PA until now - now I wish I had one!! Simply outstanding work on all of those amps!!

You couldn't give those Carlsbro PA amps away a few years ago. They were the popular choice of the UK's working man's social clubs and the weapon of choice for club singers and bingo callers. They were also made just 10 miles up the road from where I currently live. I even bump into some of the guys who worked in the factory from time to time. Hundreds would of been thrown in skips during building refurbs, who'd of thought they would end up being objects of desire!

Back
Top Bottom