cliff, will ax8 become able to send cc messages...?

rudomat

Inspired
i needed this so badly...and since the manual says the ax8 is able to recieve and send cc messages my hope is, it will come...will it...?
thanks!

I'd love to see a MIDI Block added to the AX8, but this is a matter which would require quite some effort.

You'll notice on the AX8 that "footswitch blocks" (blocks that do NOT appear on the grid) do not have editable settings (For instance: Which PC? Which CC? What channel?). There's a reason for this, and it would take some time and effort to design a different way of handling the MIDI block. Meanwhile, however, there have been other high priority efforts to work on.

This is not a "No"; is simply an explanation as to why the MIDI Block is not already in the AX8. We recognize the value of this capability and will keep it on the list of possible future enhancements, with no promises as to when or if it might be considered for a future firmware update.

PS: Please do not address forum threads to Cliff. This can actually decrease the likelihood of them being noticed or discussed by other members of our team.

Would I be able to change presets on my Big Sky with the AX8?......sorry, I'm ignorant when it comes to midi

ops, I assumed that it can send midi messages as its the norm in similar devices (and much cheaper ones)... sad news.
Hope it gets some priority in the todo list.

You can currently send MIDI messages per Scene.

The FX8 has 2 MIDI blocks, meaning you can press a switch to send specific messages without changing Scenes. The AX8 does not have this currently.

Back
Top Bottom