Cliff! What system are you using when upgrading firmware??

So many of the amps people ask for are either blatant copies or slight derivatives of the amps already in there.

+ 1000

Very often the new breaking revolution is a 5 % change from existing amps.

Among the MB Mark V players the most used high gain is-->Mark I (and Mark IV) which is a quite elderly amp(recent grailtone discussion)

Roland

So many of the amps people ask for are either blatant copies or slight derivatives of the amps already in there.

Which is why I'm generally against the whole "modeling amp X, Y and Z". We could get pretty much the same tones if we only had the FAS amp models and nothing else. They are enough to cover all tones with some tweaking. Modeling technology is great, but does it really have to be only used to model specific amps? Why not just have a handful of generic ones and people will either love the tone or not - same as with real amps. No "oh but it doesn't sound like amp X" comparison bullshit either.

laxu, you make a good point, but i think most folks coming over from the "amp" world have that certain sound in their head that they are trying to cop, or at least get close to. i think having actual amps modeled give a "good to be home" feeling that is familiar and they can branch out from there. i know that was the case for me, and still is. i don't want to have to go tweaking knobs if i can load a preset of a tone that gets me 90% there right from the start.

I was at the Dallas guitar show. A dude had like 20 old Marshals and alot of other well known clones.
He would play some hendrixy trower licks and then switch amp heads. Was pretty interesting.
and they did sound different

Point is, why go chasing after every amp model, tools are in there to adjust most values that change in these designs.
Now if an amp has very different design and color (purple tolex:,) then I guess it would be worth it to Cliff.
I dont go chasing specific tones too much though, though im sure alot of guys do.
I like to use my imagination and it ends up sounding like me
Amazing time for guitarists!!!

Back
Top Bottom