Wish CLIFF, WE WANT HORSEMEAT! (Please)

Given its name isn't it a "Klon" ish kind of attempt ? :D (havent heard it so wild guessing here)
Ben Eller gave a demonstration of the Horsemeat (love that name, btw.) on his YT channel, and compared it to a wildly overpriced overdrive pedal that's supposedly similar, so you might be on to something there.

According to Paul, the Horsemeat pedal was inspired by his experience playing a Klon but not the circuit. It has more voicing options. So it does the things a Klon does well, with more tonal control.

Again, these are PRSs observations. I haven’t had one in hand.

Of the three pedals released, the Compressor (surprisingly) was the one I most thought “I’d buy that” after listening to playing examples.

Yes, the Horsemeat is just a Klon variation isn't it? So you've already got one in the Axe-Fx @Shahar, no?
I don't know, I feel like most overdrive pedals are derivations of existing circuits. Green style, Klon style, bluebreaker style, etc. This has a “Voice” knob, and separate Bass/Treble controls, so in that regards its already somewhat different.

I don't know, I feel like most overdrive pedals are derivations of existing circuits. Green style, Klon style, bluebreaker style, etc. This has a “Voice” knob, and separate Bass/Treble controls, so in that regards its already somewhat different.

So, like a Tumnus Deluxe?

Doesn't that seem like a rather trivial difference between this pedal and others of the same ilk? I swear 90% of the pedals in that recent Josh Scott video of Sweetwater's top selling pedals were described as "this is a copy of...".

I love that Tumnus. I’m on the FM3 so haven’t been able to try the Klone yet. With the advanced parameters maybe it’s possible to match the Horsemeat.

Doesn't that seem like a rather trivial difference between this pedal and others of the same ilk? I swear 90% of the pedals in that recent Josh Scott video of Sweetwater's top selling pedals were described as "this is a copy of...".
You can say the same about amps, for example similarities between Dual Rectifier and SLO100, and a shit ton of Plexi clones (almost all Friedman amps seems to be somewhat based on the Plexi circuit), or even the recent 20W version Marshall Plexi (Brit Studio) that was just introduced. The majority of amps and pedals are based on existing circuits, very few amps/pedals are wholly original or completely unique.

On an unrelated note, if they did go ahead and model the Horsemeat, what could they call it, Seabiscuit?

Last edited:
This request could have been titled a bit more politely, donchathink? And to parrot what Dr. Bonkers said, there won't be a schematic this quickly.

I don't give a crap about the pedal itself but the name Horsemeat is hilarious. Sounds like the name of a punk band.

Back
Top Bottom