Cliff, tried to contact you about this and had no response

gigawatt

Experienced
Something strange happened with my Axe Fx last night after bringing to band practice and plugging everything in. I turned everything on and after a few seconds the led’s for input 1 all began to light up, all the way up to red. My guitar’s wireless was not turned on yet so this was really strange. I unplugged input 1 and they were still all lit up. The only sound was a buzz through the amp and 412 cab. I powered everything off, waited a few minutes and powered on again and the same thing; red lined input 1 yet nothing was plugged in, I also unplugged everything in the back. The unit was unusable so I went through practice using another amp. Afterward, my friend thought maybe if we upgrade to the next version it would correct itself. I was at version 7.03 and we upgraded to 7.04, this did not help though. Input 1 led’s were still all lit and could get no sound from the unit. The only thing I could think of is maybe the unit was cold, and it went into a protect mode (it was about 30 degrees in transport). Any idea what could be wrong?

The unit was purchased November ’07, and I have had no problems before.

The analog input and signal-strength LEDs are all hardware-based. If the input signal indicator is maxed out, the cause can't be firmware-induced.

Nothing in the support inbox. Are you sure you're using the right email address?

support at fractalaudio dot com

I'll try again through my Comcast email, it has been sending me to a word program that maybe is not working right.

Once I figured out my emails weren't getting thru by clicking on the support tab, I copied and pasted support@fractalaudio.com in my comcast email and all was good.

I sent my Axe Fx Monday for repairs, and the next Monday I get an email from UPS saying it's being sent back to me. Is it fixed already!!! I emailed support and sure enough Marty said, "It's been fixed, the boss says no charge." How cool is that?! I got it Wednesday and all is working perfectly.

Thank you Marty and Cliff for outstanding service!

Back
Top Bottom