Wish Cliff, roll up your sleeves - we need plasma modeling

I have actually seen and listened to high-fidelity speakers which used plasma tweeters which were cooled with liquid nitrogen. I’m not kidding, the gas bottle was actually inside the tall speaker enclosure.

This was at a CES show, partitioned off from the main group done in a hotel suites for high-end gear. Probably late 70s?

Last edited:
I have actually seen and listened to high-fidelity speakers which used plasma tweeters which were cooled with liquid nitrogen. I’m not kidding, the gas bottle was actually inside the tall speaker enclosure.

This was at a CES show, partitioned off from the main group done in a hotel suites for high-end gear. Probably late 70s?
Must...resist...urge...to...comment...on...$30,000 speakers...marketed to...audiophiles... o_O

That pedal looks wicked & has some interesting sounds (& feel too I bet). The Anderton guys were having a blast! Their PLUS Pedal seems really cool & useful too. Tempted.

Easy to model the essence of the distortion using an instantaneous gate that drops out when the signal gets smaller than a fixed level. It might be fun to play with the envelope of the gate...

Back
Top Bottom