Cliff please share more info about the future "automatic modeling"!

Don't think so... He did say "FWIW, our own profiling will be available soon for the Axe-Fx II."

When this new feature comes (assuming it does), I hope we can share profiles just as we can share cab impulses. Also, could be a whole new revenue stream for RedWirez, Ownhammer, etc.

When this new feature comes (assuming it does), I hope we can share profiles just as we can share cab impulses. Also, could be a whole new revenue stream for RedWirez, Ownhammer, etc.
Not after Jay comes out he's the only one that can do it properly ;)

You won't find it. AFAIK, Cliff only released 4 messages about it, and it's not in there.

Last edited:
I'm sure he said something along the line of infact that is something i would use for automatic modeling

Originally Posted by FractalAudio
The key word is "claims". We know that the core modeling is based on the Zenterra, which was (reportedly) EQ->waveshaper->EQ, so I find the claims specious.

The only other possibility, given the black-box approach, is EQ->dynamic waveshaper->EQ. The dynamic waveshaper could be of the Moog sort or a waveshaper with memory using RK or Euler methods (state-space). Those two methods are essentially equal but differ in their implementation. FWIW, these methods are excellent and can replicate a tube with very good realism.

This method is completely suitable for automation if you treat the EQ as IRs rather than trying to curve fit recursive filters. So the actual model becomes IR->waveshaper->IR. Obtaining the two IRs is almost trivial and you can do it yourself with readily available software tools.

As a point of fact, I consider this to be a very good method for automatic "modeling" and would probably use a similar technique.

link doesn't work anymore -> http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/45540-g3-6.html#post597183

I wonder what the tone will be if you were to play a Richard Pryor album back during profiling.

LOL

Yes, what happens when you profile sound-emitting stuff other than amps? I can think of sooooooo many things. Has this be done already?

Back
Top Bottom