cliff, please make some Fractal

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
fractal Audio powered FRFR speakers. You could even have one that you could mount your AxFx in. Or one with a compartment for the AX8 to be stored in. Well maybe not all that but I am tired of trying to find the right monitor and you could do this and take all our Money!

Haha, nice!! :p

REDD man, it's journey, isn't it! It took me quite some time to really bond with and understand FRFR, and it's cost me many thousands of $$$ to find something that my ears liked.. Try out as much as you can, best thing I can tell you.

Why is it so hard to grasp the concept fellas? I remember a few years back guys were complaining about not sounded good through there budget level speaker solution and someone stated that we can only sound as good as our weak link. They went on to say why can we except dropping over 2k+ on a rack modeler but not except spending $$$ on a speaker solution to properly hear all the ii brings to the table. The most amazing monitor I have ever heard in my life was the Meyer MJF-212. go check out what those cost and catch your jaw before it hits the ground.

I watched a video of the LA amp show with the AX8 and it appears the monitors Fractal had in there where Meyer's

That looks like an MJF-210, which were developed to Metallica's specification for their road show (They bought 76 units).

Definitely pricey stuff

Is it the wood? The hardware? The unicorn ashes? (Rethoric questions, don't even bother!) Who doesn't love the smell cork? I'm sure a $100K monitor sounds better than a $10K one, anyways. Anything cheaper than $5K must then be just "pro-sumer" junk?!!?

I played through Meyers for a few years without knowning who they were or realizing just how amazing they were/are. So for me it wasn't any of the other stuff that I fluence a person. I just knew they sounded killer handled a full band mix that included a 7 string bass, guitars, 3 88 key keyboards and a Hammond organ. It never farted out and collapsed at high spl. I went from those to a k12 and the difference was massive.

Is it the wood? The hardware? The unicorn ashes? (Rethoric questions, don't even bother!) Who doesn't love the smell cork? I'm sure a $100K monitor sounds better than a $10K one, anyways. Anything cheaper than $5K must then be just "pro-sumer" junk?!!?
A lot of people go with this idea which I think is flawed. Just because the axe is 2k, doesn't mean you need an expensive monitor. I get lots of compliments with my lowly k12. Some guys with all the gear in the world will still sound shitty.

saying the "lowly" k12 is flawed logic, though. no one is bashing it for it's intended usage, but that intended usage is not as flat monitoring system for a modeler, whereas things like the CLR, Matrix and Accugroove are...to greater and lesser degrees.

no one thinks you can't get great tones through speakers like that, you can. I have. My EV ELX's sounded perfectly fine, just not anywhere as good or as accurate as my CLR.

Back
Top Bottom