Cliff, Matt, et. al - A Serious Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FractalAudio and @Admin M@ -- just curious what your thoughts are now and for the near term? Are the portaflex model(s) coming? Any further thoughts on the B7K or other DarkGlass pedals? Anything I can do to help push this along?

Edit: I'm fine if the update is "We're not interesting in doing these things" or "we can't do these things". I think just leveling with us bass players would be nice so we know that either 1) what we have is what we have and that's it or 2) there's a bright future ahead.

Last edited:
Matt said in January to put the B7K in the "Yes" column. Did I miss statements going back on that?

I'm pretty sure that it takes a while to start up new models from scratch.

Maybe just more patience is needed. Perhaps Cliff has something big in store for bass and doesn't want to let the surprise out yet. It's certainly a market that could provide revenue to Fractal and with the other pro-level modelers all now courting bassists, Fractal doesn't have to take the brunt of the marketing and educating costs to warm he market up.

Matt said in January to put the B7K in the "Yes" column. Did I miss statements going back on that?
Yes, Cliff later came along and said that the B7K isn't happening. Apparently, after that, in another forum somewhere, he said it is/might/will. It's hard to keep track of.
I'm pretty sure that it takes a while to start up new models from scratch.
Not this long. Look at how quickly new guitar amps or FX get added when confirmed that they'll get modeled. Usually within a firmware or two. Plus, back in the Quantum 4 days, Cliff wrote that we'd see new bass amps in the next firmware. That was 3 or 4 firmware versions ago.
Maybe just more patience is needed. Perhaps Cliff has something big in store for bass and doesn't want to let the surprise out yet. It's certainly a market that could provide revenue to Fractal and with the other pro-level modelers all now courting bassists, Fractal doesn't have to take the brunt of the marketing and educating costs to warm he market up.
Sure, which is why I asked for any kind of response. Doesn't need to be that they're doing it, or that they are doing XYZ models. Just, well, anything.
Yes, other modelers - especially the Helix, are working at this and doing a great job at it. Fractal may be the premier modeler out there, but that doesn't mean much when it's missing crucial tools for working bass players. There really wouldn't be marketing or education involved, here. Just another firmware packed full of everyday bass player tools would garner an explosion in interest. I know, I put mine in front of hundreds of bass players at my annual Bass Player Convention, and actively engage multiple internation bass player communities. It wouldn't be a hard sell if it had more of what bass players need. Currently, it is very sorely lacking, so bass players are flocking to Line6 and traditional pedal boards instead.

Here's where Cliff said no - apparently, basically just a communication issue and over-promising - dated Feb 11.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-00-public-beta-2.124097/page-14#post-1477182

Here's where Cliff said "highly likely" - dated Feb 14:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...mp-model-quality.1796173/page-2#post-23557247

Several of us in this thread have tagged FractalAudio and Admin M@ looking for updates and responses. This thread have been open almost 6 months to do the day (open Jan19), and hasn't had any official reply or acknowledgement since Jan 20th. Put simply, Fractal Audio is deliberately ignoring this at this point. To what end, I of course don't know. I've been patient and hopeful, and offered everything I have available to assist, but with that kind of treatment, it's tiring to continue to push.

Here's where Cliff said no - apparently, basically just a communication issue and over-promising - dated Feb 11.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-00-public-beta-2.124097/page-14#post-1477182

Here's where Cliff said "highly likely" - dated Feb 14:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...mp-model-quality.1796173/page-2#post-23557247

Several of us in this thread have tagged FractalAudio and Admin M@ looking for updates and responses. This thread have been open almost 6 months to do the day (open Jan19), and hasn't had any official reply or acknowledgement since Jan 20th. Put simply, Fractal Audio is deliberately ignoring this at this point. To what end, I of course don't know. I've been patient and hopeful, and offered everything I have available to assist, but with that kind of treatment, it's tiring to continue to push.
Fair enough.
I'm bummed I missed the bass event. I had to deal with some cancer during that time period. It's also when I decided to part ways with my AX-8.

Did any of the bass amps ever get updated for "Quantum"?

I've got money set aside ready to by an AX-8 again if they ever decide to respond. Until then I've got my other products to tide me over in the low zone.

Fair enough.
I'm bummed I missed the bass event. I had to deal with some cancer during that time period. It's also when I decided to part ways with my AX-8.

Did any of the bass amps ever get updated for "Quantum"?

I've got money set aside ready to by an AX-8 again if they ever decide to respond. Until then I've got my other products to tide me over in the low zone.
No worries man. Hope everything is going better for you health wise. I have a big one every year, and usually one or two smaller ones throughout.

I do not believe they were ever updated for Quantum. Last I checked the bass cabs, they're still not Ultra Res even.

No worries man. Hope everything is going better for you health wise. I have a big one every year, and usually one or two smaller ones throughout.

I do not believe they were ever updated for Quantum. Last I checked the bass cabs, they're still not Ultra Res even.
That's too bad.
A few weeks back I played a sold-out show at the High Dive. I used a Helix as my floorboard FX into my little Class D amp into the closing act's 810. Previously I had used an FX-8 in that spot for some shows at the Skylark and up in Everett. It sounded fine and worked great to tell you the truth, but I ended up not using the B7K models and instead used a couple Timmy's with some parallel paths. :cool:

Part of me wants to believe that @FractalAudio just has something bigger in mind for us bassists and his priority to responding on the boards here is dealing with customer problems, not wish lists. I believe that so much so that I just put in an order for another AX-8! o_O

High Dive is a fun venue! I haven't played there in awhile, but hopefully in the next couple of years I'll have a gig that fits there. I like that place.

We'll see what, if anything, FAS does for bass players. I have my AX8, and for now don't have plans on changing it. Even if I really wanted to, just too many gigs and recording projects in the way to make a change. Earliest I could do something like that would be late fall.

They've got more varied music at High Dive now... I'm sure your metal bands would find it a worthy venue.

You have been one of the biggest FAS evangelists out there. You spend hours on forums and in person showing off FAS products to peers at shows and events. Kudos to you for being a great community member and giving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom