Cliff, Matt, et. al - A Serious Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the +1s and bumps. Hopefully this stuff is still on the radar for FAS. I know more than a few bass players who are keeping a close eye on this topic.

I'm curious how @FractalAudio will deal with the Grunt and Attack switches since they really change the pedals overall sound. Multiple drive models or some how incorporate the switches into one drive model? Would be really awesome. Its the only pedal I still own, would love to part with it and use the money towards other guitar gear haha.

I'm curious how @FractalAudio will deal with the Grunt and Attack switches since they really change the pedals overall sound. Multiple drive models or some how incorporate the switches into one drive model? Would be really awesome. Its the only pedal I still own, would love to part with it and use the money towards other guitar gear haha.
It'll be interesting to see how it is done (assuming it gets modeled) for sure. Helix managed to incorporate it fully. I'd prefer it if they could incorporate them right into one model, but that may not be possible in the current code base. It seems that everything that has that kind of switching ends up as multiple blocks, one for each switch setting.

Well... In YouTube there is a vid where the b7k is more and less "imitated" via EQ, not the same but a decent approach.... After a while trying to decide between AX8 or Helix I'm about to order the AX8.... Let's see what I can bring out of it......

Well... In YouTube there is a vid where the b7k is more and less "imitated" via EQ, not the same but a decent approach.... After a while trying to decide between AX8 or Helix I'm about to order the AX8.... Let's see what I can bring out of it......
I know what video you're talking about, and it's not even close. I keep my B7K on the pedal board, and try to dial in drive+GEQ blocks to get it, and I can get probably about 80% of the way there, that's about it. I waste probably an hour each new firmware on my Axe-Fx II and AX8, and never get there.

Well... time to wait then.... for what I've read updates from FAS are released regularly... hope they'll "get low"

Also hoping for models of Darkglass gear. I've got a B7KU and Vintage Ultra and neither are easily replaced on the Axe FX 2.

I actually think a different block for bass drive pedals could be useful. I'm not sure how viable this is within the limitations of the firmware.

It would be cool to have bass drive block EQ points tailored to bass - so 40hz low knob (if possible also switchable to 80hz). 2 sweepable mid EQs would again be more useful than 1 and IMO it has more merit for bass rather than guitar, since sometimes you only use a bass pre and not an amp, whereas it's likely that a guitar tone will pass through an amp sim with additional mid control.

More available output level would help when you mix clean and drive in the block, especially if you're only blending a small amount of a light drive signal in but want a larger volume boost than is currently available.

DjVCpTvzAKLaE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom