Cliff, Matt, et. al - A Serious Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been going direct for over 10 years now (about 13 years ago, I think, was my first preamp + In-ear gig), and it was popular before I even started playing bass :). Even if not using in-ears, but just a nice wedge (K12 or similar), there's a lot of appeal there. But, there's a lot of hesitation from bass players that I talk to and interact with, since some of their favorites and "must haves" aren't there.

Kudos for asking and asking for bass stuff. Most of us..just give up.
But i hope this time,we get some nice bass stuff. And we will then do some demos on youtube.. and Fractal Audio will sell some more Axe Fx`s

I dont see any problem with this. + the black box gets better.

lol.. i dont need another guitar amp..like i need ,another hole in my head.. :)
But bass stuff.. this we need

The 2K is pretty far off of the 7K... it's kinda sorta close to the 3K, but even that's off. I'm in contact with Douglas (of Darkglass) to see what his thoughts are on providing a schematic or black diagram for the purpose of modeling.

Yeah the 2K is not a 3K.. and it`s not a B7K.
I thinkt the Helix will get the full Pre-amp pedal (B7K)

Douglas has declined to provide a schematic for any of his offerings. I don't fault him at all for doing so. But, with that, unless someone out there makes their own schematic, means the Fractal family won't be getting it anytime soon.
I might open mine up and take a look at the PCB. If it's just a single layer one, I then may take a stab at it.

Well, "Highly likely" isn't a "Yes". It'll be interesting to see if the B7K ends up getting modeled, and what firmware we end up seeing it in. I don't know if new goodies get added in dot releases (i.e. 7.01), or if we'd be in for a wait for Q8. Either way, hopefully something changed and Fractal got what they needed, and we'll see the B7K pretty soon. If we do, then that'll really help me bring more bass players around. I have my big annual bass convention on April 30th, so hopefully it'll be in there by that time (and, I also hope for a few more choice amps to demo).

Well, "Highly likely" isn't a "Yes". It'll be interesting to see if the B7K ends up getting modeled, and what firmware we end up seeing it in. I don't know if new goodies get added in dot releases (i.e. 7.01), or if we'd be in for a wait for Q8. Either way, hopefully something changed and Fractal got what they needed, and we'll see the B7K pretty soon. If we do, then that'll really help me bring more bass players around. I have my big annual bass convention on April 30th, so hopefully it'll be in there by that time (and, I also hope for a few more choice amps to demo).

Looking forward to this - will put April 30th on my calendar! I used my FX8 live for the first time this last weekend in Everett - now it's all dialed in and ready to rock this weekend in West Seattle. I'm using the FET Boost right now but would love to try out a B7k.

Looking forward to this - will put April 30th on my calendar! I used my FX8 live for the first time this last weekend in Everett - now it's all dialed in and ready to rock this weekend in West Seattle. I'm using the FET Boost right now but would love to try out a B7k.
Nice. I'll post a thread here as well once I get the facebook event and website work done... hopefully today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom