Cliff, Matt, et. al - A Serious Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Thanks for the very nice offer. You certainly don't need at all to buy and send us the pedal. We'll start with the B7K. We'll purchase one, model it and add it to our firmware. You can add that to the official "Yes" list if there is one.

We definitely appreciate you bass players holding things down on the low end for all these years while we got all the spotlight and adoration. ;-)

This made my day :)
BIG thanks to Matt and the Fractal team!!
And to Selta for his generous offer!

This was very timely for me too as only yesterday I was drooling over b7k demo clips for the umpteenth time and thinking what I could sell to finally get one. Problem solved. Can't wait to see what the future holds!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the very nice offer. You certainly don't need at all to buy and send us the pedal. We'll start with the B7K. We'll purchase one, model it and add it to our firmware. You can add that to the official "Yes" list if there is one.

We definitely appreciate you bass players holding things down on the low end for all these years while we got all the spotlight and adoration. ;-)

Dang that feels good.

Hi guys,

This is AWESOME!! Can't wait for this to happen. Hopefully SOONer rather than later.

It's great to wake up in the west coast with this kind of news. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Isn't b7k&ultra just a b3k with 4 band eq? Do we really need this eq modelled or maybe a b3k would be better as a building block of a bass preset?
I'm not sure, personally. I own a b7k and only use the eq to adopt to exact cab tone nuances I use at the moment. Maybe it's not so important in case of FRFR and other eq blocks available.

That EQ is nothing to scoff at, though. Even with all knobs at noon it is still adding color. Either one would be fine in the grand scheme of things, as you could likely make the B3K sound just like the B7K with EQ adjustments. The B7K is just more popular, so it'd grab more attention.
The ultra adds quite a bit of utility as well, over the standard B7K.

Isn't b7k&ultra just a b3k with 4 band eq? Do we really need this eq modelled or maybe a b3k would be better as a building block of a bass preset?
I'm not sure, personally. I own a b7k and only use the eq to adopt to exact cab tone nuances I use at the moment. Maybe it's not so important in case of FRFR and other eq blocks available.

It`s not the same. And yes we do ! :)

So happy about this thread getting traction - it will be nice to have a few more contemporary bass pedals in the box.

Last edited:
This sounds awesome. Although I'm not a true bass player, I just picked up a cheap 5 string strictly for recording because those HaLion and Iris VST bass patches just weren't cutting it anymore. I'll be watching for these updates as well. Thanks M@ and FAS.

I don't want to punch a gift horse in the mouth. It sounds like Fractal is going to get the B7K (Standard or Ultra, I don't much have a preference). I'm hoping after that we can get some more things added, but there is no promise or guarantee of that. I'm still willing to do what I can to help, even if it includes signing an NDA or anything like that. I certainly want more things, but I don't want to be a jerk and overly pushy about it.
It would be nice to get a few more amps and pedals in, and maybe hit a cadence where new firmwares will have something for us bass players. That is up to @Admin M@ and everyone at FAS, who I'm sure are juggling a lot of priorities though.

@dr bonkers has the 406 shot in his cab pack. Well worth checking out. The 360 was the head, the 361 was the cab.
Trying to get someone to rent me their 361 cab has been like an exercise in tilting at windmills.

Same lack of success with trying to track down a Sunn 2X15.

Anybody with friends in the NY/NJ area willing to rent one to me for the weekend, please hit me up.

I tried many an Acoustic 406, The one in Silver & Black is the best one I ever played, that's why it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom