Cliff is up to something.

Hopefully he's up to something that has been started and didn't finished yet - G3fication of all remaining amps. Of course after well deserved vacations.

Standard/Ultra are officially discontinued products.

Exactly, Yek. Exactly.

These things are so complex, they can never be perfect, at least not to everyone's satisfaction. You simply get to a point where you run out of canvas and move on to the next one. Van Gogh would agree. An artist can either dab at the same painting forever and never be content, or he can start the next one. Same goes for songs.

Wow, I wasn't aware of the powers I seem to have as wiki-master.

"must ... not ... put ... it ... to ... bad ... use ..."

:lol my reading comprehension skills are sometimes off.

I have good days and bad. Another year and I may not know who I am when looking in the mirror.

Sorry for the fruckuss. Great job on the wikki.

Reactions: yek
I still don't get why people still think that software development will end on the original, and mark II versions of the Axe II before the XL versions. The XL is just an Axe II, Cliff has said many times there are only minor firmware differences. The shelf life of both of these products will be the same, whenever that happens to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as Cliff has amp and pedal models left to G3, there will be new versions of the firmware. This talk about 19 being the end of the road borders on the ridiculous.

I think he finally took a long needed break and realized how nice it is not to have to keep hearing about Line 6' modeler, Klon's and the like. I'm willing to bet we don't hear from him for at least another week or more.

Why not? The Ultra ended with FW 11.

Because the II and the IIXL have exactly the same processing power. When the Ultra ended it was because the unit had reached it's limit. It makes no sense that the updates for the II should stop while the IIXL should continue. It's a misunderstanding of some text.

Now he knows everything about tube amps - maybe he's building his own design tube amps now lol :lol just kidding...

"...the Ranger says a scientist is coming from Pacific-Tech. He'll tell us.
Clayton Forrester(Cliff Chase). Ever hear of him?...

He's top man in astro and nuclear
physics. He knows all ABOUT meteors(tube amps)!"

Back
Top Bottom