Cliff is up to something.

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I wonder if our mad scientist Cliff is taking a much needed break or is he up to something new? New Fractal gear or some new G4 stuff? I'm hoping for new amp models myself.

Curious myself!......but I sincerely hope the guy's taking a long rest.

FW19 and the drives, new irs ...etc.....OMG....so much more to tweak and discover. I've yet to really sit down and absorb all the great stuff!

Uh, what? It just says the final version of 19 (as in, not the public beta) is available. Quite a leap you've made, there.

It states; Axe-Fx II firmware 19.00 (final version) is available now!

the statement does not indicate the XL leading the reader to conclude the message is for AxII users only.

AxfxII and Final Version should be removed from the top of the wiki page.

Last edited:
Leading 1 reader to conclude this?? The XL is an Axe FX II.

Maybe it should read "official version" instead??

"The wiki says FW 19 is the end of the road for the AXII."
That kind of speculation could start a stampede.....:eagerness:

It states; Axe-Fx II firmware 19.00 (final version) is available now!

the statement does not indicate the XL leading the reader to conclude the message is for AxII users only.

AxfxII and Final Version should be removed from the top of the wiki page.

I just understand it to mean that FW19.00 is done, notwithstanding bug fixes, drives and amp additions...etc.

I'm sure that if there's any follow-ups to FW 19, that the II will be included. After that I would allow that it doesn't make sense to continue developing two parallel software trees when the II Mk.II was two versions ago and the current state of the state is the XL+. As a Mk.II guy I can't be mad at this, knowing what I know about software development. This is the world of music software and hardware development. IT's all good. The original Axe-FX had a life cycle of what? the Ultra had a life cycle of what? I'll bet that the II outlasted both by a lot, I just don't have the dates to back it up.

Hmm..I'm taking it to mean that the final version of FW19 is available (as opposed to the two betas of 19 that were made publicly available), not that FW19 is the final FW for the Axe-Fx II.

You just can't end on an odd number. fW20 would the one to stop on. Firmware twenty, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Axe FXII. To boldly go where Cliff Chase has taken us. To seek out tube tone and great effects.

"final version" means nothing more than the " public release version" that comes at the end of a beta cycle, including all the bug fixes and planned additions to a specific firmware release.
nothing to get all worked up about. if it's really the "final" version remains to be seen...

Back
Top Bottom