Cliff, Get rid of the older firmware modeling options to free up space!!

Older firmware modeling option

• Remove it. I can live without it.

Votes: 398 94.3%
  • Leave it. I have to have it.

Votes: 24 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a "convert" and "faithful" has little to do with it.

In the context with which I used it I think it does. In my experience, people who own an Axe seem more likely to blow the little things out of proportion than non-owners. The boot ROM issue for instance.

The entire reason selectable firmware versions were implemented in the first place was because updates can and often do change the way older presets (that some are perfectly content with) sound. It was meant as a compromise between being able to retain the sound of older presets and being able to enjoy the benefits of future upgrades.

So no, I'd rather retain the sound of presets I'm perfectly content with and enjoy the benefits of upgrading.

For what it's worth, the above is me. I could care less about future updates. I am tired of messing with sounds that are perfect that get so f*cked up, I'm tweaking for weeks

Tone is all that matters to me. If the tone changes drastically for me then I can never go to the newer cooler stuff because my amps don't sound right.

Though updates are fun and exciting for most of you, me being in the minority and also someone that makes a serious living from playing, if it changes my tone drastically, I hate it. HATE IT!

All of the above said, Cliff has given me enough bang for the buck. If I had to pay to get my old amp back while having all the stuff we have right now as well as an option to select fw, I'd gladly pay for it.

If we were to put a value on the updates we've received (or at least what I've seen since I've been around) both of my fractal units would be 10k+ each. I'll pay for this fw option if I have to. Please PLEASE don't take it away.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, the above is me. I could care less about future updates. I am tired of messing with sounds that are perfect that get so f*cked up, I'm tweaking for weeks

Tone is all that matters to me. If the tone changes drastically for me then I can never go to the newer cooler stuff because my amps don't sound right.

Though updates are fun and exciting for most of you, me being in the minority and also someone that makes a serious living from playing, if it changes my tone drastically, I hate it. HATE IT!

All of the above said, Cliff has given me enough bang for the buck. If I had to pay to get my old amp back while having all the stuff we have right now as well as an option to select fw, I'd gladly pay for it.

If we were to put a value on the updates we've received (or at least what I've seen since I've been around) both of my fractal units would be 10k+ each. I'll pay for this fw option if I have to. Please PLEASE don't take it away.
I agree 100 percent and I will not be happy if this is removed. I am sick and tired of people who don't want to support FAS and attempt to take away what I find great. This is a BS poll by someone who wants to be slick and pretend that EVERYONE wants to give up tone. Mark I and II users need to get a life and an XL or XL+...see it doesn't feel good when someone wants you to do away with someone you like. VanDanzi rules and I will always support the master of tone!!

I am a content Mark I user.

I have just read through 17 pages of people +1 ing the request to remove this option, so I am starting a poll.

This poll is related to these comments by Cliff

If you are so "contented" then why do you wish to take something from me? Support Cliff and FAS and buy an XL or XL+!

I agree 100 percent and I will not be happy if this is removed. I am sick and tired of people who don't want to support FAS and attempt to take away what I find great. This is a BS poll by someone who wants to be slick and pretend that EVERYONE wants to give up tone. Mark I and II users need to get a life and an XL or XL+...see it doesn't feel good when someone wants you to do away with someone you like. VanDanzi rules and I will always support the master of tone!!
great, i always like a good laugh with my morning coffee before work.

Guys, we really need to just let it go already. It "appears" from Cliff's latest actions that he doesn't intend on removing this feature from XL users. He found a way to "make it fit" for MK users for the time being.
But as I said, it seems as though there is no intention as of now to remove anything from the XL units. Mk users have voiced their opinions, and The XL users who don't want this feature removed have voiced theirs, So I am SURE by now Cliff has a pretty good feel for what each side wants, and doesn't want. Let's just get back to enjoying this wonderful tool we have at our disposal.

G'day Danny,

Sounds like you're a perfect candidate to have two units - one for your work, and one to play with - because you never know what may pop up with the updates :)

Thanks
Pauly

Guys, we really need to just let it go already.
<more clear, rational thought, deleted>
Let's just get back to enjoying this wonderful tool we have at our disposal.

No, dude, I think we should 'push for the lock' on this thread. It is the least we can do to honor this legendary forum civil war/meltdown. That's the problem with society today; no one is willing to challenge themselves. What would RR do?

G'day Danny,

Sounds like you're a perfect candidate to have two units - one for your work, and one to play with - because you never know what may pop up with the updates :)

Thanks
Pauly

Hiya Pauly,

Yeah, thankfully I do have both a MKII and a XL+. I'm thankful that Cliff heard my cries on this issue, I truly am. I never mean to sound like a cry baby....it's just so hard to rework a sound when you're in the field, so to speak. You figure, we have had some incredible goodies in these updates. Like I mentioned in my post, if we had to pay for them, both of my units would be worth 10k. But some of the updates were difficult for me to use because my tones would suffer so bad. I know "don't update" is the easiest way.

However, the "other goodies" that also come in an update, really make a difference in other ways. So in that situation, you have to choose the added goodies, or the better tone. I've always chose the better tone, therefore, the other options for me (which I could definitely use) fall by the wayside. It's all good though because Cliff has found a way to allow we that love our current tone to keep that tone. I really do think for some people, this is important.

I can't see any of the real stars that use our products constantly re-tweaking their tones all the time. Though most of the star players are tone chasers, when you have loads of work to do with limited time, you either:

A) Don't update due to the tone but miss out on cool features that make things easier
B) Don't update and never utilize the new features.

It's almost senseless to have a killer update that you can't use because it jacks your tone to the point of insanity, know what I mean? LOL! That's all I was meaning to say. Hopefully it didn't come off like a whining cry baby. I just wanted to state how hard it is for some of us to find the time to rebuild with every incredible update. :) I'm actually updating my XL+ as I type this. My MKII is still running 2.0 FW because I love that old 800 MOD.

Cliff....can ya gimme my old 800 MOD amp back?! We can call it 800 MOD II LOL! I'll pay HUGE! I know...I couldn't afford you. Hahaha!

(I can see it now...wait for it...a huge NO with the biggest font on the forum. Hahahaha!

Thank you sincerely, Cliff for taking care of us minority guys. It speaks volumes about how awesome you and your company are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom