Cliff, Get rid of the older firmware modeling options to free up space!!

Older firmware modeling option

• Remove it. I can live without it.

Votes: 398 94.3%
  • Leave it. I have to have it.

Votes: 24 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that was an advertised feature of the XL that it will have updates beyond what it is in Mark I or II. It is not necessarily your right to have additional features.

I'm sorry, but this is exactly the type of entitlement I have been speaking about in posts. I don't think it needs to be advertised that a more current model of a product will ultimately out live an older version. That is pretty much a given.

To me it sounds as though you are saying that as long as the axe FX II exists in any iteration that you should be offered the same features on your MK I/II unit as the newer more robust units that people paid additional money to purchase?

Being that I paid extra money for that extra memory in my XL+, it kinda is my right to expect additional features for my XL+ than you get with your MK I/II unit. I chose to pay more money for a higher end unit so I could get additional features such as more preset slots, more user ir slots, and at this point, continued firmware updates because my unit can handle the task.

I personally have never rolled back to a previous FW. I have a MK1 where it is at now I am fully happy with, if there were no more updates available I'd be fine with that. Eventually I will move up to the next Unit. And I still have my AX8 to upgrade.

I'm sorry, but this is exactly the type of entitlement I have been speaking about in posts. I don't think it needs to be advertised that a more current model of a product will ultimately out live an older version. That is pretty much a given.

To me it sounds as though you are saying that as long as the axe FX II exists in any iteration that you should be offered the same features on your MK I/II unit as the newer more robust units that people paid additional money to purchase?

Being that I paid extra money for that extra memory in my XL+, it kinda is my right to expect additional features for my XL+ than you get with your MK I/II unit. I chose to pay more money for a higher end unit so I could get additional features such as more preset slots, more user ir slots, and at this point, continued firmware updates because my unit can handle the task.

How are people so dense? Go back to 2013. The XL/XL+ didn't exist. No mention of them ever existing. You didn't pay MORE money than us. You paid the same. There was only one option. Axe FX 2.
yes there was a short period after when the XL came out that the Mk2 still existed, but that's just because there was still stock.

And it's not a higher end unit. it's the same one. Same DSP, same software. You just have a different revision. They decided to call it the Xl instead of the Mk3.

And I also would have paid extra money for the XL+ had I known it was a limitation of the Mark II or had it been mentioned anywhere in the comparison between versions.

Armchair DSP development, angst, and polling are just wild speculation.

Can the acceptance phase start soon?

Ha! agreed.

I got my MFC about 3 minutes before FAS couldn't fit new firmware on it. Sucks but thats progress.
I still have my Ultra. I keep it at my bassist's house...when I look at the amp selection..I stroke my beard and scoff. Progress.

How are people so dense? Go back to 2013. The XL/XL+ didn't exist. No mention of them ever existing. You didn't pay MORE money than us. You paid the same. There was only one option. Axe FX 2.
yes there was a short period after when the XL came out that the Mk2 still existed, but that's just because there was still stock.

And it's not a higher end unit. it's the same one. Same DSP, same software. You just have a different revision. They decided to call it the Xl instead of the Mk3.
I was actually responding to the gentleman that stated when deciding which unit to purchase it wasn't advertised the XL units would her more updates. So clearly when they purchased theirs the option for both units WAS there. Not dense, speaking to a specific person, there is a difference.

It actually is a higher end unit, apparently it has more memory therefore it has that added feature.

I was actually responding to the gentleman that stated when deciding which unit to purchase it wasn't advertised the XL units would her more updates. So clearly when they purchased theirs the option for both units WAS there. Not dense. Showing to s sourcing person there is a difference.

It actually is a higher end unit, apparently it has more memory therefore it has that added feature.

Sorry about that then, my mistake. I still do not consider it a higher end unit. When the XL came out, we were told yes there was more space, but for presets and cabs, not for Firmware. If it was told when the Xl came out, which is a while, then we would've known that down the line, we would be in this situation. What's happening is sudden.

Sorry about that then, my mistake. I still do not consider it a higher end unit. When the XL came out, we were told yes there was more space, but for presets and cabs, not for Firmware. If it was told when the Xl came out, which is a while, then we would've known that down the line, we would be in this situation. What's happening is sudden.

Exactly my thoughts.

CHOSE?!?!?! the XL didn't even exist! WTF man. You're just putting oil on the fire.

Well, you didn't. But I was replying to a guy who said he did have a choice. And I know a bunch of people who bought used AFXs because it's cheaper and provides the same functionality and support. I also know someone who planned to buy a Mark I used but changed his mind when he heard the news about updates and will get a new unit instead. So, you see, you didn't have a choice, but a lot of other folks did.

So, you see, you didn't have a choice, but a lot of other folks did.

Yeah. I'm pissed because I didn't have a choice and also it was advertised when the Xl and XL+ came out. I think I'm going to take a step back because it's clearly making me angry. I'll come back when we have more news.

When the XL came out and even the XL+, Mk1 and 2 users were told it was just the new LED display, more presets and cabs space and the faslink connector.
It was never suggested that they were two different devices.

When I was considering which one to get, I chose XL+ because it had more memory. And not because I need hundreds of presets. I just thought it would be more futureproof.

Same devices or not, one of the two has reached its limit. I don't see that holding the other one back is fair to those who went for a more expensive option.

I think I'm going to take a step back because it's clearly making me angry. I'll come back when we have more news.

I think this is a good idea. It isn't worth getting all worked up about it.

Cliff has always been more than fair with us. He has always busted his ass to give us as many options as possible. I would love to be able to keep updating my II, and it seems the poll shows that the majority of the users are fine with giving this option the boot. I am guessing that plenty of XL users feel this option is unnecessary looking at the results.

Ultimately, Cliff and crew get to decide what is best for FAS and then we have to live with it.

The entire debate is silly.

No one has any knowledge of the FW code or any idea of possible ways to shrink it or even what is or is not feasible.

Armchair DSP development, angst, and polling are just wild speculation.

Can the acceptance phase start soon?

Seriously. Enjoy what you have. Life will continue on. I have a Mark I and don't mind if updates stop. Sell your unit and upgrade if it means that much to you. It's to be expected as the technology progresses. Too much whining and entitlement.

I am guessing that plenty of XL users feel this option is unnecessary looking at the results.

I'm here sort of arguing for the other side, but yeah, even I could live without that switch, like I said earlier.

But I'm not sure its the only thing we're giving up for backwards compatibility. And if so, then sorry, but the older devices must be dumped.

This thread in my opinion is ridiculous.. its like when I bought the XL and they came out with the XL+ a few weeks later,,,. It's not something you have control of. FAS has been gracious enough....IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom