Cliff. Firmware 13 - now what? :)

I think another very cool addition would be more scene controllers..
these things are mega..
even another pair of them would be a massive improvement

I think another very cool addition would be more scene controllers..
these things are mega..
even another pair of them would be a massive improvement
yes, 2 more would be really great ! And X/Y on Comp and Multicomp blocks :)

The most useful extra for me right now would be to be able to copy global amp settings across the Amp1/Amp2 block or X/Y parameter. eg. Copy Amp 1 G1:X to Amp 1 G3:Y, or Amp 1 G1:X to Amp 2 G1:Y etc.

MFC
  • Scene numbers permanent in MFC display or even better scene names instead of preset names in MFC display if possible (selectable)

AxeFx
  • Modifiers not per preset but per scene
  • Feedbacker block (as is done in the boss unit)

- Scene numbers on the MFC, and/or Scene Names

- Modifiers at least separated between X and Y states of a block instead of the same for both.

- Feedbacker block would be cool... like the way it was way back on the Boss GT3 (the GT8 feedbacker isn't nearly as usable).

- Defretter block, again like in the Boss GT's... that was a cool effect. Anyone know how to emulate it on the Axe now? It's not just a detune, its a pretty good fake of a fretless instrument. You'll never fool someone that you're really playing a fretless, but it still made for a good effect...

I know we have enough amps as it is but the AXE can always add more amps regardless….thats always a bonus and fun when you get to try out new amps even if you don't end up using them in the end that much.

Would like to see the Friedman SStevens and Carol Ann Tucana get modeled.

Go Tucana!!!!!!

those caroll ann are absolutely awesome... the AXEFX make me want to buy one... but the price... harrggg => cool I have my AFX !

Like people ask to "tame the crack" or "dialing out static", there are people who would like to exagerate the weirdness! I wish some simple knobs to add as much crack/static as needed... from zero to unreal. They must be user friendly: setting multiple parameters called inductance or capacitance is not an easy task...!

Doesn't the bit crusher do this, to some extent?

I'd also love scene numbers/names for the MFC, being practical I'd say skip the first letter X for more room. Then overwrite the two rightmost characters with #2 for scene two for the scene number except for scene 1 which wouldn't display anything. Or if we could have scene names just appended, separated with a space. So if my preset is called "Plexi" and the scene "Lead" it would display "001 Plexi Lead". For visuals I'd probably name my scene "#Lead" so it'll display "001 Plexi #Lead" but I don't think that should be an enforced standard.

Another thing I'd really like is to have the option of toggling IAs like: off/ on X/on Y. So if the state of the IA is off, first press would enable it on the X state. Pressing again would enable it on the Y state and pressing again would disable it. LED wise it would be red/green/blinking green.

It would be interesting to have the amp and cab blocks communicate with each other, or have a new type of block that you would add between them that would have certain info stored in it. An example being something like you enter certain information about your 10 favorite cabs, the amp block "sees" this info adjusts the proper parameters for you in relation to that cab, then the cab blocks "sees" what the amp block has adjusted and makes the proper parameter changes for that, along with motor drive and how it would relate to the output of the amp.

Cliff's response to this thread only serves to remind me that he is the king of directing where to go next. He keeps delivering more function faster and better than I could ever dream up. He keeps me playing catchup as it is. I ain't askin' for nothin'. Lead on Cliff.......

if you hit specific scenes via the MIDI CC [so the MFC IA <set to 'none'> can transmit 2 MIDI commands] then a major MFC feature would be to expand the Link feature

right now you can only link 5 IA's [LINK A and LINK B]

this limits you to 5 scenes [or else the IA LEDs don't function correctly]
being able to link the A and B links would enable up to 10 IA's to link
and so allow all 8 scenes to be CC controlled and have the LEDs function correctly

I have a feeling though that I may be pretty much the only guy in the Axe community that wishes for this…
bit of a shame really… cos having the MFC transmit scene + modifier data is extremely powerful

True, but without a computer based software for programming the MFC I think this feature can only be used by a small fraction of users.

I'd like some deeper fx design. If I get to the point where I can emulate the Dwarfcraft Great Destroyer with my AFX, I'll be truly happy.

Back
Top Bottom