Cliff & Crew, have you contacted Redwirez about UltraRes™?

I have the BigBox RW collection and there are speakers, cabs and mics not found in other packs that I really like, even in just HighRes. Having listened to the OH UltraRes, the extra length really helps the low definition and brings a sparkle to them.

Please Mike continue the work even if we have to help financially!

Hi Fabio, I own all that libraries ;) (look at my signature... ;) )
RW was the first IR producer I used in my Axe-Fx Ultra and since then I used a lot of their IRs (with OH and FAS of course). Let's wait for Mike's hard work on 1960 GreenBack, I'm sure they will be great IRs

I agree

Having more libraries is having more choice.... And having various pro-maker is a truly gift for us ... Even if we have to pay !!

Mike-

I would murder orphan children to have some Boogie and Bogner 412 cabs updated to Ultra Res.

I bought the OH package and I think I'm turning a little obsessed with collecting IR's. If they offered a package of ultra res for a similar deal to their big box package I'd make the jump for it.

That being said, I don't appreciate this joke at all. I'm normally not easily offended at all but this i just bad taste.

The redwirez Marshall g12m (the free one) is probably my favorite IR. The rest of em are also very cool. I also have always loved the way they are organized. It's done in a more meticulous scientific manner. I just dig em. I'd buy the redwirez collection if it was done in ultra res.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk using the world's most ironically named cell phone company; sprint.

Yah, don't let this thread drift away. I really like the RedWirez IRs and the logical way they are organized...and want to use them in UltraRes format, before I become wed to something else.

Mike, we love you brotha. Comeback to us strong.

I have to say the RedWirez cabs have a certain vibe.

I find them superior to the OH stuff in a lot of cases because the RedWirez stuff seems more present or defined and less dull.

I hope their UR's are coming soon.

I have to say the RedWirez cabs have a certain vibe.

I find them superior to the OH stuff in a lot of cases because the RedWirez stuff seems more present or defined and less dull.

I hope their UR's are coming soon.

That's an interesting 'view' on OH vs RW.
I myself find RedWirez more dull and less defined than the OH IR's.
I like both though but OH seems to work great in a mix without needing a lot of EQ.

There is a possibility that we are talking past each other

Listening to the clip in your signature tells me your music style is pretty heavy.

I'd venture a guess that a Poll would show a lot of folks, like me, who prefer redwirez don't play much heavily distorted drop tuned guitar work. In those heavy guitar situations, the dryer more upper midranged attack of the OH cabs really shine.

That's an interesting 'view' on OH vs RW.
I myself find RedWirez more dull and less defined than the OH IR's.
I like both though but OH seems to work great in a mix without needing a lot of EQ.

There is a possibility that we are talking past each other

Listening to the clip in your signature tells me your music style is pretty heavy.

I'd venture a guess that a Poll would show a lot of folks, like me, who prefer redwirez don't play much heavily distorted drop tuned guitar work. In those heavy guitar situations, the dryer more upper midranged attack of the OH cabs really shine.

I agree, the OH IR's work really well with heavy stuff.
I don't exclusively play heavy music though.
The thing with RedWirez to me has always been that they sound very rough and in a lot of cases not really mix ready.
They have always needed a lot more EQ to 'sit' right in a mix.
If an IR needs loads of EQ you kind of lose some of the detail.
If RW release mix ready UR IR mixes I would be all over them!
This has been my personal experience, everybody has different tastes ofcourse!
I do however have use for them and would also be quite happy if they would be released in UR format!

Last edited:
Funny because the fact that they are less hyped is what I like about RW. I prefer having them as plain as possible and then mix multiple IR's myself. Now I would use IR-Lab, but now with CabLab being a lot higher profile I expect a lot more mixing and sharing of recipes at some point.....of course I've been waiting for that to happen for a while.

But there's just something about starting from as close to scratch and then making it that is appealing to me. Now if I want something to just drop right in than the OH's are a great way to go.

You also can't argue with the shear volume of the RW collection. It's the most complete set out there, but it does take a bit more work to get to the final product. It's like a really, REALLY big fat blank canvas.

Funny because the fact that they are less hyped is what I like about RW. I prefer having them as plain as possible and then mix multiple IR's myself. Now I would use IR-Lab, but now with CabLab being a lot higher profile I expect a lot more mixing and sharing of recipes at some point.....of course I've been waiting for that to happen for a while.

But there's just something about starting from as close to scratch and then making it that is appealing to me. Now if I want something to just drop right in than the OH's are a great way to go.

You also can't argue with the shear volume of the RW collection. It's the most complete set out there, but it does take a bit more work to get to the final product. It's like a really, REALLY big fat blank canvas.

I also completely understand this point of view and this is definitely a strong suit of the RW collection!

I just found this thread - oddly enough I wrote to RW yesterday asking if they had plans on releasing longer Wav files. I'll post their reply if I do get one.

I emailed Mike in early March about UltraRes updates.
His answer was that they were in the process of re-editing them, but that required going back to the raw sessions.
Given the vast RW library, my guess is that it will take some time.

So I'm confident (-fingers crossed) we'll see some RW updates in the future :)

Per

Back
Top Bottom